R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An amusing thread on another forum...  (Read 4559 times)

Fletcher

An amusing thread on another forum...
« on: April 03, 2011, 02:03:43 PM »

You'd think they'd go to the source instead of spreading regurgitated articles and interpreted myth... http://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/596703-michael-brauer-rides-again.html
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Bubba--Kron

Re: An amusing thread on another forum...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »

I saw that too.  Too damn funny!!  I almost pointed the guy in this direction but decided the amount idiots that would follow is just not worth it.
Cheers, Bryan Richards

Fletcher

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 11:16:00 PM »

You might have fun with it... when I pointed them here [don't forget, there is a registration process here, and a hardcore moderation ethos that precludes assholes from taking over!!] I got banned from the site... but I thought that was half the fun... as always, YMMV

Peace
CN Fletcher

If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

faganking

• Real Full Name: Benjy King
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 11:44:59 AM »

Although the last post is good.

As ever it's always worth remembering that simply analysing the technical aspects of MHB's mix techniques might still not make you a great mixer. Though it's good to be informed, it would be a bit like turning off the sound on a Bill Evan's video and learning his piano style by sight alone. It's never gonna sound like Bill Evan's.

Sound, the emotional response to sound and inherent musicality is what makes a great mixer - however he chooses to use the equipment. Most of the greats don't worry too much about how they use the equipment - they just respond to the sound it makes - and then we all sit around trying to figure out what they did, not what they made.

I hope this makes some sense. Continue to find out about all methods, but remember the most important part.

Above all, enjoy your mixes. If you don't - there's not much chance of anyone else enjoying them :-)

and good luck.

M

Fletcher

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 04:21:58 AM »

The short version of that would be... "make it feel great" [which is something I think Mr. Brauer does exceptionally well]... I just thought it was funny that rather than continuing with conjecture, they could have asked the man himself.

Peace.
CN Fletcher

Malcolm Chisholm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.