R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fabfilter Pro-Q 1.1 Update  (Read 5417 times)

aleatoric

• Real Full Name: Mark Trewella
Fabfilter Pro-Q 1.1 Update
« on: April 12, 2011, 10:28:12 PM »

A free update to Fabfilter's Equalizer Pro-Q was released today.  The new "intelligent solo mode" feature is incredibly useful, the spectrum analyzer got a nice overhaul with customizable parameters, a +/-3dB display range and a few other additions.  A great plugin just got better!  From the Fabfilter email I received today:

Great new features in FabFilter Pro-Q
   •   Added a notch filter type to cut very narrow bands in the frequency spectrum. Double-clicking in the bottom of the EQ display creates a notch band immediately.
   •   Added an intelligent solo mode for EQ bands. Click and hold the solo button (in the parameter value display) to enter solo mode for the current EQ band. Now, you don't hear the effect of the EQ band itself, but instead you will hear the part of the frequency spectrum that is being affected by that band. Of course, the frequency range depends on the frequency and Q settings, and is visualized in the display as well.
   •   Improved the built-in spectrum analyzer with smoother curves, a combined Pre+Post mode and customizable resolution and speed settings, accessible via the Analyzer drop-down menu in the bottom bar of the plug-in.
   •   Added a 3 dB display range, useful for mastering purposes.
   •   Added a small output level and clipping indicator in the bottom bar.

If you do not currently own any Fabfilter plugin's shoot me a PM with your email and I will send you a 10% off coupon if you are interested in buying this plugin.

SafeandSoundMastering

• Real Full Name: Barry Gardner
  • My analogue rack
Re: Fabfilter Pro-Q 1.1 Update
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 04:35:40 AM »

Generous thanks. I do not own the Fabfilter or Equality eq I have tried them though.

I will try them again as they update to see if they are improved.
Barry Gardner
SafeandSound Mastering UK based online mastering studio.

Treelady

Re: Fabfilter Pro-Q 1.1 Update
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 10:11:53 PM »

I love love love the Fab Filter's GUI and features.

I'm not sure on the sonics for mastering... (meaning I'm not decided yet, not meaning an implication that it stinks. I'm still debating).

I think for mixing, you're a fool not to at least try the demo.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 24 queries.