R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Vintage Neumann PEV-C Active Mastering EQ's  (Read 6872 times)

Matt_G

• Real Full Name: Matthew Gray
FS: Vintage Neumann PEV-C Active Mastering EQ's
« on: April 13, 2011, 12:10:58 PM »

I have for sale a pristine pair of Neumann PEV-C Active EQ's. These have been professionally racked with a true bypass switch & the original 12 pin Tuchel connectors, 240V PS, cleaned, fully serviced, re-capped & ready to go with nothing to do but enjoy them for many years to come.

The sound of these units are punchy & fast. Both channels are remarkably well matched & set up for stereo mastering use.

Asking : $2990 AU
Shipping : Will ship anywhere in the world at buyers expense.
Pick Up : Local inspection & pick up available
Condition : excellent, completely restored cosmetically & electrically, still have all the original components with the exception of new caps. Can supply service info & schematic.

PM me or email me to inquire [at] matthewgraymastering [dot] com

Matt_G

Re: FS: Vintage Neumann PEV-C Active Mastering EQ's
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 11:07:44 PM »

These EQ's are actually very hard to source as they were originally made for the Neumann cutting lathes so they rarely come up for sale these days. They do sound amazing, broad & musical. Only reason I'm selling is because I have another pair in the form of the original passive Neumann PEV + a set of custom racked set of passive WSW's + a Sontec, Buzz REQ-2.2 & an API 5500. I can't justify keeping them all...

If you're interested in these make me an offer.   

Matt_G

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 02:06:40 AM »

Price adjusted to $2800AUD

aleatoric

• Real Full Name: Mark Trewella
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 05:53:01 PM »

Just curious but have you ever looked into modding the gain range?  Cutting in half would be pretty cool.

Matt_G

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 09:12:59 PM »

Just curious but have you ever looked into modding the gain range?  Cutting in half would be pretty cool.

Hi Mark, I did check with my tech & he said it would be quite possible to change the gain steps on the PEV-C's to 1dB or even 0.5dB if you're so inclined. I think this would certainly make it more versatile. For me having the API 5500 & REQ-2.2 I kind of felt the PEV-C wasn't giving me much differences sonically to those choices (quite comparable to the REQ-2.2 sonically but more musical than the 5500) whereas the original 'passive' PEV just sounds completely different to anything else I have in my chain at present & although the PEV can't be modified for gain steps due to the inductors it usually tends to just work because it's very smooth so it doesn't feel like 3dB/2dB steps (depending on the job of course). If I was in a position to open a second room I'd keep the PEV-C's but at the moment I need to focus the money elsewhere.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 24 queries.