R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Protools quits when saving  (Read 1880 times)

Jonah A. Kort

Protools quits when saving
« on: September 26, 2008, 03:27:47 AM »

or while trying to open current projects?  This ever happen to any

of you Protoolers?  

NelsonL

Re: Protools quits when saving
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 03:45:52 AM »

Have you tried the typical troubleshooting steps? They're well documented on the DUC-- i.e. trash databases, repair permissions etc.

j.hall

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 02:28:17 PM »

this happened to me just a few days ago.  i just trashed databases and rebooted my machine.  worked perfect.

audio~geek

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 02:40:58 PM »

+1
this generally fixes it, until it happens again.

I haven't figured out how to prevent it yet.

some sessions just get fucked too, make a new session, import session data a few tracks at a time, it will usually be one or two tracks that make the whole thing crash. (lead vocal if you're really unlucky) From there you have to dig through the audio files folder and get what you need.
find the likely candidates, put them in the region list and spot them to their original timestamp, if you've got any luck you'll get everything back.

strewnshank

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 08:47:29 AM »

Before I upgraded my PT rig, I could only close two projects before PT would quit. That sucked.

I've also had trouble with saving, like you are having.
My workaround was to consolidate all the takes as whole files with an identical start point, export them, and import them all into a new session. It was actually more than just a workaround, as I'll still do it to projects I'm mixing but didn't track, as the files are easier to navigate and work with. You also have the luxury of renaming each file as you'd like to see it's track name.

I have no evidence of this, but I think sometimes PT gets glitchy when there are a bunch of files linked to different sessions and areas on a disk. If you use one tracking session for basics, then build new sessions for overdubs for each song, your files can be all over the place.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.