R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: first project from begining to end  (Read 1990 times)

Frob

first project from begining to end
« on: July 06, 2006, 05:15:14 PM »

so this is my first project that i am seen through from the beginging to the end. i start mixing in a couple of weeks i already have a mastering house lined up, then its off to the duplication factory. the problem is im having a hard time desiding what factory to send it to. i dont want to go cheap, single speed glass is a must, but cost is an issue. who have you guys had good deallings with? it will be minimal run of 1000 copys plus a few more for promos.

above statment condensed;
what CD duplication houses have you guys/girls used and liked?

TheViking

Re: first project from begining to end
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 05:58:43 PM »

I've been to hell and back with duplication services and then I found the company I currently use and I haven't had a single problem since.   They are honest, good communication, the quality of the product is awesome, and they were right here less than an hour from me the whole time.

Check them out...

ESP (Eastern Standard Productions)
www.esp-cd.com
(800) 527 - 9225
x 19 Deborah

Talk to Deborah and tell her that Kevin from Viking Studios referred you to her.   She'll hook you up with a good deal.

We just pressed MorningStar's full length through them and I think they turned out terrific!

Good luck.
Is this thing on?

Kevin Bruchert / The Viking
www.myspace.com/thevikingproducer

j.hall

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 12:52:34 PM »

you can also check out Furnace Mfg.

http://www.furnacecd.com/

talk to mike harbin.

Frob

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 05:20:11 PM »

thats what im looking for thanks guys.

chris haines

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 06:29:26 AM »

check your prices against CDman.com (canada) and then make a broker or manufacturer who's down the street and can't charge you for shipping meet the price.  In the midwest I highly recommend QCA out of Cincinnati.  Talk to Jim Bosken, he's the owner, an honest man, good guy & strong supporter of local music.  I've had poor luck with fat cat out of CA, friends who've had poor luck with media services, I've had good luck with dungeon replication out of Portland and CDman (mentioned before).

In Europe CMYK over white is less expensive that 2 pantones over white...I don't get it...but prices have risen here about 10% in 4 months due to increases in the cost of petrolium... 30 and 1/2 Euro cents per disc bulk for CMYK over white including 16% IVA if you don't have a tax ID for your company.

Rinkydink Audio, studio
The Vulcan Freedom Fighters, band

ex-weasel
ex-publisher
ex-pat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.