R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Wiki Recording Encyclopedia like Wikipedia  (Read 1565 times)

A Wiki Recording Encyclopedia like Wikipedia
« on: February 06, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »

Whenever I'm looking for recording information, I usually have to sift through ten different sources before I find the information I'm looking for.

Well, I'm sick of and I decided to do something about it.

Enter http://www.wikirecording.org

We've all heard of (or should have heard of) wikipedia.org, the community encyclopedia. The idea of a wiki is for all readers to also write about what they know for other readers.

I've set up wikiRecording.org with wikipedia as a model, but with audio recording techniques and equipment as the focus.

At this point, wikiRecording is in its infant stanges. There are almost no articles nor content on the site. I was hoping to gauge the interest of people who use this forum in wikiRecording.org, hence the poll.

If you already know how to add articles to wikipedia, feel free to go to the site write about whatever you want (as long as its audio recording related). If you don't know how to add an article, but want to write something anyway, just send it to me as an email and I'll add it for you.

This project seems to be really taking off. In the few days after I posted on this message board, I've received 20 submissions from some very knowledgeable contributors. Granted, it takes atleast 100 articles to make a wiki really hoppin', but the rule is, the more there is to read, more people that will use the site, and the more contributions there will be.

Contact me at:
wikirecording@cdbabel.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 31 queries.