R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: download our entire album  (Read 2134 times)

JChen

download our entire album
« on: March 20, 2006, 05:48:49 PM »

hi,

our band put our entire album online for people to download because we are still figuring how we're going to release.  you can download it here  http://www.undetectedplagiarism.com/ta   For those interested in the recording process.  We recorded in our basement with a motu828mkii running cubase sx 2.0.  we recorded at 48khz/24bit... we had a dan alexander neve clone mic pre and a joe meek vc3q.  our mic selection was an akgc414, d112, sm57, sm58, md421, sm81.   we had it mixed by ryan hadlock (black heart procession, blonde redhead, stephen malkmus, the strokes) the sessions were exported to protools, mixed on a trident 80b board, back on to protools at 48khz/24bit.   he used the echoplex tape echo a lot on these songs...  the album was mastered by doug van sloun (bright eyes, cursive, the faint, rilo kiley).   have a listen.  hope you'll enjoy.

jerry

Pingu

Re: download our entire album
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 06:12:08 PM »

I pressed the link but has a hard time finding the download link and could not download.

What type of music is it?
If I defend myself I am attacked. But in defenselessness I will be strong, and I will learn what my defenses hide.

JChen

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 05:22:19 PM »

http://www.undetectedplagiarism.com/ta/download.htm

should take u straight to the download page... sonically, we've ripped off blonde redhead, cursive, sonic youth, dj shadow, fugazi...the usual people...

Thomas Lester

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 07:22:51 AM »

Downloaded and am listening now.  I like what I hear so far.  Nice vibe.  Tell us some about the recording.  Where did you record it, how you did what, etc...

JChen

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 12:54:03 PM »

umm...most of the recording was done in my basement, the only exception was I recorded piano parts were done on a piano on campus.   Every instrument was recorded one at a time, drums, then bass, then guitar, keys, etc...   drums was typically, sm81 overheads, sm57 snare, d112 kick, md421 lo tom, sm58 hi tom, 414 toom mic...  bass was recorded di, but reamped it to a vibrochamp and miced with a md421.   guitars, i used a strat or sg, through a combination of boss cs-3, bd-2, rat, big muff, or memory man, into a vox pathfinder or vibrochamp, usually mic the amps with a sm57 close front, md421 close back, 414 far mic and blended.... keyboard/synth was a combination of vst plugins (b3, edirol orchestra), a cheap yamaha psr keyboard, or a korg electribe analog synth, reamped through the vibrochamp or vox.  vocals were recorded with md421 or 414.... i predominantly used the dan alexander neve clone mic pre for the recording, but went to the joe meek vc3q or the motu mic pres if i wanted to use more than 2 mics... everything was done @ 48khz/24bit onto cubase.  although the basic structure for songs was set prior to recording, a lot of parts were written as they were recorded, which took a while to try different versions and different sounds etc....  

for mixing, we dumped the cubase session to protools and took it to a studio where the tracks were run through a trident 80b console.  i don't recall which outboard pres and compressors were used, the typical more pro stuff (distressors, dbx 160, manly) etc.... but a lot of use was made of this echoplex tape delay on the tracks, particularly vocals, piano, and guitar.... we mixed back down to protools @ 48khz/24bit

grizzly joe

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 06:51:30 PM »

impressive
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.