R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i know i've asked...(project b1)  (Read 1721 times)

core

i know i've asked...(project b1)
« on: February 05, 2006, 08:49:17 AM »

hey,
I know i've mentioned these a few times,and their are a lot of threads elswhere on the forums,but I can't seem to find one that gives peoples opinions of project b1 condenser mic's...?
are they suitable for recording guitar and bass amps,drum overheads?..does anyone have experience or opinions on them?
As at the moment they seem to be the best condenser mic's within my budget...
::kiteline::

ricknroll

Re: i know i've asked...(project b1)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 02:42:32 PM »

I think they suck.  I had one for awhile but got rid of it.  If that's really the "best" condenser within your budget, I would continue saving for something better.  I've seen some people post that they like the B1 on electric guitar more than an SM57, which I find totally baffling.  The B1 has a shrill high end to my ears, like most cheap Chinese condensers.

-Rick

karlo

Re: i know i've asked...(project b1)
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 04:04:21 PM »

i have one and it can pass on certain male voices thru a quality preamp. it can also work with cabs as long as you know what you're doing distance-wise. while some will likely argue, i find a sm57 to be the absolute piece of shit on almost anything but live sound. kinda makes your recordings sound like sm57. you should look into a quality dynamic mic like beyer m88 or sm7 for a multi-purpose mic. i bet you'd be happier with that. as for cheap condensers - try to pass up on those as you will likely want to kill yourself a year and a 1/2 later when you re-evaluate some artist's great perfomance that was killed by your cheap decisions.
good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.