R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Acrobat Movie Format?  (Read 1158 times)

arconaut

Adobe Acrobat Movie Format?
« on: January 31, 2006, 04:53:54 PM »

Is anyone familliar with a movie format in Adobe Acrobat that is able to exist (apparently) as a stand-alone application? It does seem to lean upon QuickTime in a somewhat transparent way.

I have a very helpful tutorial video from SSL (and yes, I asked them about this already) which is on a CD-ROM in this odd format. It does not seem to run without the disk (cannot copy the contents of the disk onto my hard drive to make it run) and I cannot get the Macintosh "Disk Utility" to make an image of the disk.

If you launch the application without the disk in the drive, it asks for a file called "SL9000:media:main.dir", which must be an invisible file because it does not appear anywhere on the CD-ROM. CD-ROM cannot get past this dialog without the CD-ROM.

The disk contains: Adobe Movie Plug-In, Plug-In Reader Insaller, Insaller empty desktop folder, a couple of pdfs (pdfs and manual) and then the application itself, called SL9000 (because it's instructions on an SSL9000 desk, you see...).

I'd like to be able to share this video with some students, but that involves figuring out how to copy it.

Any insight anybody has on this topic would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Noah
You Are Number Six

Re: Adobe Acrobat Movie Format?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 11:25:05 PM »

Try to download an image disk creator
Wich OS do you use ?

marcel

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 02:15:34 AM »

If you had an outboard (firewire) CD drive and an onboard burner, you may be able to do it with Roxio Toast...
Just as a disk image.

Best, Marcel
Best, Marcel

arconaut

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 04:43:33 PM »

Oh responses! Thanks folks - here's as far as I got with this one:

I couldn't use Disk Utility to make an image - but "Carbon Copy" worked. Then I tried to email the image to a friend, but since it was so large, I had to use Stuffit. While Stuffit was compressing, it named what it was compressing - and all these .mov files were flashing by. I suspect there is a hidden folder somehow on the disk that is called "media".

Also I discovered that a PDF file on the disk is not only the SSL manual, but also has the movies within it - but it's a litle glitchy. I'd still like to extract the movies themselves, but at least this way it works in OSX.

The OS9 thing is more or less just a shell, an interface most likely made with Macromedia Director. Want... those... movies... they are very informative and much more easy to digest than reading  the manual.

Noah
You Are Number Six

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 11:51:09 PM »

I'd be pleased to get this video !
Maybe we could exchange some stuff ?

arconaut

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 11:09:28 PM »

Yes, I was correct - there was a hidden folder, which I had to access using "terminal".

PM me if you want to see these videos.

Noah
You Are Number Six
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.