R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What kind of reverb/delay do you use?  (Read 10693 times)

Ryan Leigh Patterson

Re: What kind of reverb/delay do you use?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2006, 12:39:37 PM »

I've had great luck with convolution type reverbs, Altiverb is one that comes to mind.  

The best "ambience however, comes from well placed instruments and well placed room mics.  I'm a fan of compressing the crap out of selected room mics, while I know that others may shun this technique.  Put up a few room mics, be creative.  I usually walk around the room and listen for different sounds and then put up a few mics.  
Never discout well timed delays, I find that a well timed and carefully mixed slapback on vocals, guitar and even snares can really add a touch of ambience and space to a record.

Ryan Patterson
Toronto, Ontario
www.myspace.com/ryanlpatterson

SawCompressor

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 02:39:46 PM »

electrical wrote on Fri, 20 January 2006 23:39

I'm not a fan of reverb, except sparingly, in well-chosen moments. I don't like the sound of artificial reverbs, but there are some that are good either for "character" or a reasonable simulation of room sound.

Hi steve ;if you don't used the reverb;did you just use delay/eoch instead of reverb?How do you control the space of the sound.

My English is bad;if I have displease for you; forgive me ,please!

Thanks.

Ken

index.php/fa/2944/0/
Ying Li

Neon Noodle

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 11:55:14 AM »

I've found that using two dedicated reverbs of any brand in stereo is the best bet. Some music sounds best in the digital realm, others in analog. Sending a Minimoog into a smooth Lexicon reverb can sound great, yet other times i like using spring reverbs. But the key is to do things in stereo to thicken up the spectrum. Adding pre-delay and panning the delay gives more ambient options. Sometimes i'll have a dash of verb in the left channel and make the right channel wet and put the dry signal somewhere in between, yet put the delayed signal more right with the wet delay in the left, so you can see how crazy things can get. Doing this in a mixing console can be tricky, and i have yet to get it right but it's a good way to keep my mind occupied when i cant sleep. Lots of submixing, i suppose.
Look upon the Neon Noodle
Coming at you, the great cheese doodle
Amid the keyboards he will tinker
To feed your mind and twist your thinker

stevieeastend

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 12:39:59 PM »

PCM 42
REV 5

and the echo delay in DP

Tomas Danko

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 05:46:52 AM »

TC Electronic VSS3 and NonLin2 reverberation on the TC Powercore Firewire platform.

Logic Stereo Delay plug-in. It's actually very nice. You set it to roll off the lows and especially highs, set the same note values/tempo on left and right. Then you nudge one channel slightly off by using the groove parameter. (ie left set at 50%, right at 51.666% for instance). Presto, instant spatializer.
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

Mike P

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 12:51:35 PM »

For delays, I really dig the PSP Lexicon PCM 42 emulation (with the HF reduced).  It's really close (if not dead-on) to the old rackmount Lexicon unit.  Sometimes I'll use the Line 6 Echo Pro or the UAD-1 Roland Space Echo, but more often than not, the PSP is great.

I don't generally use much in the way of reverbs, but I've found that the TC Powercore Classic Verb and either the UAD-1 Realverb Pro or the Plate 140 usually do a good job of emulating the space that I need.  I really need to check out the VSS3 and the other optional Powercore reverbs.

FWIW, I never use presets - there's always some type of modification and tweaking involved for me because the presets just never seem to get exactly what I need.

JDNelson

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 03:50:47 PM »

Mike P wrote on Thu, 11 January 2007 09:51

For delays, I really dig the PSP Lexicon PCM 42 emulation (with the HF reduced).  It's really close (if not dead-on) to the old rackmount Lexicon unit.  

Have you checked out their 608 Multi-Tap Delay?  I just downloaded it a few days ago...  haven't had a chance yet to fully put it through its paces but my intital impressions are this plug-in is great.  I've been looking for something that can to that Echoplex thing in the box and this is it I think.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.