R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: newb question mic interference  (Read 1907 times)

epic

newb question mic interference
« on: January 11, 2006, 07:50:23 PM »

im running a new mxl 990 condensor from protools mbox, its picking up too much electrical interferance, never had that problem before when i was using an old beat up dynamic with acid. ive always shut off fans and unnecesary power but now i have to shut off the light which is no good when you have a sheet of lyrics in front of you.

also i notice the low frequency response is nothing compaired to my dynamic. i figured it would have more of a low roll off but didnt expect this much theres almost no power behind the verses, guess thats just how the mix is tho? or could the electrical noise be robbing it. i really have to turn the gain up to have any power behind it, and that turns up the noise. record rap so thats important. and yes im a newbie im still learning so be easy

archtop

Re: newb question mic interference
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

If the light on a dimmer, turning it all the way up may help.
Richard Williams

epic

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 08:24:25 PM »

yea it helped a little compaired to how it is when its not all the way up, but still way too much noise. would better cables help any?

archtop

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 10:19:12 PM »

If one is faulty. yes.

I've seen many a noisey rig caused by a bad cable.

cables can still work and be bad/noisey.

your not tryin to play guitar right in font of the T.V. are you?

I would investigate all your cables before I looked at ground lifting.

O.K. now I have a question.

Why Rap ?

Richard Williams

epic

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 01:41:41 AM »

alright i'll get that checked out. will more then likely pick something up, dont know what to look for in cables though but i like how these sound so far. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=rec/search/detail/base _pid/338710/
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=rec/search/detail/base _pid/338011/

i haven't gotten around to recording the guitar yet, my guitar player hasn't been able to get some free time.
Rap is just the world i ended up being introduced to first. Started making my own beats at 14 and the rest is history. Now i've decided its time to step the game up and get some quality vocals to start producing mixtapes. not really taking the engineer road yet but im trying to learn as much as i can to get quality sound to put out untill i can afford engineers and studio time.
thanks for the help
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.