R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: public apology  (Read 10314 times)

maxim

public apology
« on: January 06, 2006, 07:30:24 PM »

in another thread bbbkong wrote:

"an Aussie with a brain..."

to which i replied:

"surprise... a racist without one"

bbbkong sent me an oddly phrased pm, where he or she threatened me if i didn't retract my allegation

i apologise

calling bbbkong a racist was an extrapolation on my side

i don'y know whether he or she is racist

i f someone can tell me the correct word for a person who discriminates on the grounds of nationality (come on, you wordologists out there), i would be grateful

what i should, probably, have said was :

"surprise... nationalist chauvinist without a brain"

or

"surprise.... dick without a brain"

Ozzy

Re: public apology
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 11:23:18 PM »

"Xenophobe" or simply, "a narrow minded bigot".

maxim

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 01:08:02 AM »

thank you

malice

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 03:40:28 AM »

maxim,

you're an embarrassment to a very large country.

malice

vernier

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 04:21:51 AM »

If it ain't about recording, why fuss?

Barish

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 08:13:35 AM »

Dude,

Had I not promise Fletcher not to use Marsh language here in the R/E/P, I would have given you the tan of your lifetime by now.

Bubba has more Australians and Kiwis on his Skype than you probably have.

If he excluded you from the list of "Australians with Brain" then obviously you don't belong in it. I can only be sorry for you. That has nothing to do with racism.

I've flown 15 hours, crossed an ocean and a whole continent to meet that man in person, and he welcomed a total stranger and his brother in his house for three days, gave food and drink and bed, took around in town and sent back with priceless gifts.

If you can find someone in these forums who is prepared to fly exactly the same distance just to meet YOU and if you can make them have the same experience in your hospitality, then we can start talking about the racistness, or dickness or nationalist chauvinistness of Bubba.

Until then, you're gonna have to remain an Australian without a brain, I'm afraid. Or wherever you are from.

Let me quote Bubba from another forum post before I go for now:

bbkong wrote on Wed, 04 January 2006 04:22

Dude, here's a quarter. Go buy a sense of humor.

B.
M Ozturk

John Ivan

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 10:17:24 AM »

Barish wrote on Sat, 07 January 2006 08:13

Dude,

Had I not promise Fletcher not to use Marsh language here in the R/E/P, I would have given you the tan of your lifetime by now.

Bubba has more Australians and Kiwis on his Skype than you probably have.

If he excluded you from the list of "Australians with Brain" then obviously you don't belong in it. I can only be sorry for you. That has nothing to do with racism.

I've flown 15 hours, crossed an ocean and a whole continent to meet that man in person, and he welcomed a total stranger and his brother in his house for three days, gave food and drink and bed, took around in town and sent back with priceless gifts.

If you can find someone in these forums who is prepared to fly exactly the same distance just to meet YOU and if you can make them have the same experience in your hospitality, then we can start talking about the racistness, or dickness or nationalist chauvinistness of Bubba.

Until then, you're gonna have to remain an Australian without a brain, I'm afraid. Or wherever you are from.

Let me quote Bubba from another forum post before I go for now:

bbkong wrote on Wed, 04 January 2006 04:22

Dude, here's a quarter. Go buy a sense of humor.

B.

Sure is a good thing I could give a fuck what anyone thinks.

This post is the stupidest thing I've ever read in my life...

"Yeah, I'know he said something really stupid and it was a total insult,but, he did sumptin nice at some one one time and stuff.." Give it a fucking rest..

Man, what,, are you 10 years old or something?? I don't have a dog in this fight but, make an argument that is,, well  something other than  " I know he's a prick but he helped a guy change a tire once"??????????!!!!    HuH????

Oh Oh, there here.....

Ivan...............................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

bbkong

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 01:52:05 PM »

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

This is a fine mess to wake up to!

Maxim, apology accepted.

Briefly, I want to say that when words on the screen are your only point of reference to the person behind those words, they should be carefully chosen.

Frequently on forums this is not the case.

As for the sudden emergence of Marshians here at the REP, I can only cite the presence of Steve Albini and the interesting topics in his forum.

I'd love to stay and chat, but yet again, I have another Marshian as a guest in my studio over the weekend and we have a session this afternoon.
"ottotune that bastard till he sounds like a sine wave"

malice

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 03:17:36 PM »

maxim wrote on Sat, 07 January 2006 01:30

bbbkong sent me an oddly phrased pm, where he or she threatened me if i didn't retract my allegation

Maxim,

As the Marsh moderator I am, and as bbkong is a regular at my place, I took the liberty to take this threatening issue on a personal level with him.

I read his pm to you as I felt your comment bothering enough to ask him to explain himself.

He didn't threaten you at all. I won't post the pm here as it will be bad form to expose private messages publicly.

But slander and libel are serious offenses and should not be accepted in this board.

I will give you a chance to re-read and withdraw those "threatening" accusations or I will transmit the pm to the REP administrators .

Needless to say that if this event had occur at the MARSH, you would have been banned in the minute.

malice

bbkong

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 04:53:27 PM »

Before we declare war on Australia, (which would be a shame since we have so many fine brothers there) let's just clear the air a tad more.

I'll save anyone the trouble of reporting anything.

Here's my 'threatening' pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

bbbkong wrote:

"Ah, Linear. hehe

An Aussie with a brain."

surprise.... a racist without one

cheers,
max
sydney, oz

That's an interesting post.

Definitely ascerbic with a sideswipe of cliche.

Sadly, you're either utterly misinformed or incredibly stupid.

I urge you to read the agreement you made when you registered here.

I thought I'd be the gentleman and offer you the chance to retract that ignorant utterance.

bbkong

I leave that with anyone who cares to assess a threat level.

Further, I'll be happy to inform our smarmy apologist that I'm a card carrying male member of the talking monkey species and have replicated on several occasions. Anyone who actually reads posts
with a minimal level of comprehension would know that.

Lastly, it's been said that the last thing a smartass learns is when to STFU.

bbkong

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 05:19:46 PM »

Hehe.

Look who crawled out from under the overpass, my favorite serial troll.

maxim

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 06:38:37 PM »

bb wrote:

"I thought I'd be the gentleman and offer you the chance to retract that ignorant utterance."

or what?

"Briefly, I want to say that when words on the screen are your only point of reference to the person behind those words, they should be carefully chosen."

hear, hear

now it seems i've been threatened by another marsh troll, who i will not quote, unless he wants me to

worth a laugh, though

malice

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2006, 10:44:01 PM »

maxim wrote on Sun, 08 January 2006 00:38

bb wrote:

"I thought I'd be the gentleman and offer you the chance to retract that ignorant utterance."

or what?

"Briefly, I want to say that when words on the screen are your only point of reference to the person behind those words, they should be carefully chosen."

hear, hear

now it seems i've been threatened by another marsh troll, who i will not quote, unless he wants me to

worth a laugh, though

Maxim,

You are so full of shit.

There is no threats in BB pm to you.

I took this issue privately with you, and I did not threatened you anymore than I just did publicly in this very thread.

As you have been exposed enough by your own stupidity, I won't bother Brad with this anymore, I think it is clear enough for everyone that you are trolling this place.

Now if you'll excuse me, I don't have time to deal with retards with oversized ego and little brains.

malice
Marsh troll and administrator Rolling Eyes

Ozzy

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2006, 02:23:36 AM »

I agree with Maxim there is a "veiled" threat in there. The implication is there, it may not be intentional but, none the less it's apparent to both Maxim and myself.

On the original nationalistic insult, I felt that was at best clumsy and at worst insulting.

It's seems on these forums, and this a huge generalisation, that if someone makes a glib lame insult, they then get all uppity and indignant when they get called to task.

The tone of Malice's post is most disturbing! I wouldn't allow anyone to talk like that to me in person! Did I just make a threat? No it was only a general statement.
Before you post something, think, would you say that to someone's face!

In the UK the French are sometimes referred to as "Smelly chesse eating surrender monkeys". Now that is insulting!

Happy New Year to all life is too short.

malice

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 03:32:04 AM »

Ozzy wrote on Sun, 08 January 2006 08:23

I agree with Maxim there is a "veiled" threat in there. The implication is there, it may not be intentional but, none the less it's apparent to both Maxim and myself.

It is far from being apparent to me. Do I miss something in my comprehension of english ? Anyway, I will ask you this :

Was it justified to let everyone supposed that BBkong made  "threats" by pm, without any explanation on the nature of them ?

You answer this Ozzy ...

Quote:

On the original nationalistic insult, I felt that was at best clumsy and at worst insulting.

For me, it was humour, but context is everything.

Quote:

The tone of Malice's post is most disturbing! I wouldn't allow anyone to talk like that to me in person! Did I just make a threat? No it was only a general statement.
Before you post something, think, would you say that to someone's face!

I would say what I have said to maxim to his face any fucking day.

Quote:

In the UK the French are sometimes referred to as "Smelly chesse eating surrender monkeys". Now that is insulting!

Why don't I feel insulted then ?

You ask yourself why ...

malice

t(h)ik

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2006, 05:05:39 AM »

As we coast off the highway and start hearing the brush slap against the threads I sincerely pray to the deity of my choice that our forum does not hit a tree.

That said,

There is a clear implication that BBKong has a gat and is waiting to pop a cap in someone's ass.

The PM also clearly shows he weighs in at about 260 and is a bruiser.  I personally would let the whole thing drop since he is obviously just waiting to fukk somebody up.

If he ever sent me a PM that threatening I would just leave the forum and change my name to Smith.

People say Australians are like Americans and we should like them, but generally I hate them.  Like Americans how?  They have no culture, they import anything worth having after slaughtering all the natives to steal their country....I don't see any simularities with the home of the brave at all.

But by far the worst are the French.  What do they think they are going to do with their Atomic weapons?  Talk about a veiled threat,  If Malice ever....ever talked to me that way.....

straight to the bunker my friend....

lemme nough broughs

tik

I used to be self effacing, but I couldn't even do that right....
www.pmtstudios.com

malice

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2006, 05:42:40 AM »

Tik,

thanx,

You are right, and I am wrong to over-react like this.

you have the best reaction and for that, I won't send you the bill for my new titanium keayboard ...

Very Happy

malice

Ozzy

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2006, 06:54:40 AM »

Your answer.

Malice, you don't feel insulted because I didn't make an insult.

Quote:

It's seems on these forums, and this a huge generalisation, that if someone makes a glib lame insult, they then get all uppity and indignant when they get called to task.

This ring any bells?

Barish

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2006, 10:55:45 AM »

Fenris Wulf wrote on Sat, 07 January 2006 22:24

With all due respect, I hope it was a side trip. When I attended one of his get-togethers, the turnout was disappointing, his behavior and drunkeness were embarassing, he pissed off a certain guest who values his anonyminity by pointing a webcam at him, he pissed off his wife as well, and I was very ill at ease and wished I'd stayed home.

Your due respect is received fair enough here, as I knew that he wouldn't be drunk enough in the party, I had turned up with a big bottle of Glenfiddich 18 years malt straight from Scotland at his place. There you go. So next time tell everyone you are meeting at your parish church to keep your wifey happy.

As for his guest who pays maximum attention to his anonymity, he should check the website of the place he hires his 2" recorders from first.

And our other fella from Sydney feels threatened by a guy in Los Frickin' Angeles, who wonders about embarrasingly drunk all day according to a fellow who backs him up, upon what? A fucking P. M. (Are we allowed to say fuck here?)

Jesus, no offence but this place is full of pussies, man. What happened to The Biker Bar? I'm up for techie talk on this side of PSW anytime but please... you guys get real Rolling Eyes

B.
M Ozturk

malice

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2006, 12:49:37 PM »

Ozzy wrote on Sun, 08 January 2006 12:54

Your answer.

Malice, you don't feel insulted because I didn't make an insult.

Quote:

This ring any bells?

As I told you, it's all about context, humour, and the way you intend to say things ...

rings any bells ?

best

malice

bbkong

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2006, 04:12:50 PM »

Wow, what a tempest in the teapot.

Maxim, you said something really stupid. It made you look really stupid. Ok, fine, get over it and move on.

Let me be clear about a couple of things. I'm not a 300 lb gorilla looking for a brawl. Not even close. I'm just another guy in LA with a room and we have a lot of fun over here. No pretense, no mooks, just a bunch of happy players. A nice family.

I do, however have a low tolerance for stupid shit, rude people and ignorant utterances, especially when those things are directed at me. Whoa. Big surprise.

It's amazing to see the presumptions people make about each other on line with no point of reference except for a few lines of text.

This is why it is wise to consider your words before you hit the send button. They only reflect on you.

And let's clear up this Aussie bullshit too. It's a beautiful place and I have some very nice talented friends there. I am neither racist or xenophobic, but stupid shit does give me a rash, no matter the point of origin.

While I have this page open this morning I'll address another turd in the punch bowl.

I've made a lot of friends here at PSW over the years and have had the honor to welcome many of them into my home. With only one exception each and every one has been a wonderful guest who I would gladly welcome back any time.

This one exception is Fenris, or as he is known in the other half of this website, Pricey.

Say whatever you like about me, Pricey, but you will forever be known as the Loser of the Decade both at PSW and in my campsite.

So, one loser out of 12,000? That's a pretty good batting average in anybody's book.

Ya'll carry on and have a nice day.

maxim

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2006, 10:38:06 PM »

malice wrote:

"Was it justified to let everyone supposed that BBkong made "threats" by pm, without any explanation on the nature of them ?"

i'm not in the habit of quoting private emails in public

bbbkong honourably posted his pm for all to see, and people can make up their own mind

are you going to post yours?

maxim

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2006, 10:40:16 PM »

tik wrote:

"If he ever sent me a PM that threatening I would just leave the forum and change my name to Smith"

shouldn't that be schultz?

maxim

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2006, 10:46:16 PM »

bbkong wrote:

"Maxim, you said something really stupid. It made you look really stupid. "

do you mind clarifying for me what that was?

mousdrvr

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2006, 01:59:44 AM »

Fenris Wulf wrote on Sat, 07 January 2006 14:06

*and exhibiting a truly Curve Dominant-like pretentiousness

Dude I don't know you, and as much as I love my friends, your beef with them is none of my fucking business, but that shit is just not right. BBkong is one of the LEAST pretentious cat's I've ever met.
http://www.davin.com/zodiac_banner.jpg

"he who is offended too easily by making jokes of the putos is a man who should not stand behind you when you lean over to fix the car motor"

-Carlos Obregon

drgonzo

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2006, 11:53:25 AM »

OK, everybody. SIT DOWN. TAKE A COUPLE OF DEEP BREATHS. SLOWLY. NICE AND EASY. NOW COUNT TO TEN.

REPEAT AFTER ME :

Its only a forum. It's not the end of the world.

SAY IT

Its only a forum. Its not the end of the world.

Now can everyone plpease get off their high horse, leave this shit and get back to having a sensible discussion???

t(h)ik

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2006, 01:07:28 PM »

drgonzo wrote on Mon, 09 January 2006 17:53

OK, everybody. SIT DOWN. TAKE A COUPLE OF DEEP BREATHS. SLOWLY. NICE AND EASY. NOW COUNT TO TEN.

REPEAT AFTER ME :

Its only a forum. It's not the end of the world.

SAY IT

Its only a forum. Its not the end of the world.

Now can everyone plpease get off their high horse, leave this shit and get back to having a sensible discussion???

Whadya mean by that exactly?

I don't have to sit down!  It's my fukken studio!

BTW my horse has been clean and sober for the duration of our relationship....if you're going to make accusations I'd like to know what you base this on.  If you are trying to come between me and my lover or you are in any way trying to threaten me....why don't you just come out in say it....HUH!?!?!?

Sit down or what?

What exactly do you mean?

Are you armed?  Do you have a habit of telling people what to do that you don't even know.

I work very hard here every day and this forum means a lot to me.  It is more than just a forum.  

I have met people from this forum personally and they never told me to SIT DOWN!

I have a good mind to send you a PM....

household cleaners

history or royal pets

lawn furniture

Asian textile workers

lemme nough

tik
www.pmtstudios.com

bbkong

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 11:05:34 PM »

That's some kind of strange fantasy world you live in.

Yes, I keep your correspondence with me in a zip file, but only in case I ever need a quick restraining order.

You seem to be focused on trying to annoy me while I couldn't care less.

I urge you to get back on the meds.

bblackwood

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2006, 11:13:23 PM »

Why don't you guys either drop it or take it elsewhere - no one wants to read this and no one thinks you are cool.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

bblackwood

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2006, 07:33:44 AM »

That's nice, but it doesn't help everyone here out.

Drop it or take it elsewhere.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

rnicklaus

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2006, 12:15:08 AM »

malice wrote on Sat, 07 January 2006 12:17

Maxim,

As the Marsh moderator I am, and as bbkong is a regular at my place, I took the liberty to take this threatening issue on a personal level with him.

I read his pm to you as I felt your comment bothering enough to ask him to explain himself.

malice

Can moderators read PRIVATE messages of others if they want to do so?
R.N.

t(h)ik

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2006, 03:50:30 AM »

rnicklaus wrote on Fri, 20 January 2006 06:15

Maxim,

malice

They can of course even see your keystrokes while you are editing your prose.  They can see all of the sites you visited in the last 30 days and they have access to your e-mails and banking information.  They know your views and opinions on producers and keep it in a database.

They are keenly aware of whether or not you think Curve is pompous or not...this is also tracked.

The date of your membership is also on file.

They have visibility charts posted on the walls of their moderator clubhouse for quick cross-referencing of your habits.

They are slower to respond if you are a homo....(N...T).

The clubhouse is a dank musty bunker of a rental property which is past due on most expenses...(except the phone bill).

There are wild parties there involving all the moderators where they watch strippers that are brought in, get wildly drunk, alter posts and decide who to ban.

I would tell you more but it's my turn to strip.....

gotta gough

lemme nough

tik
www.pmtstudios.com

maxim

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2006, 04:25:04 AM »

i believe they're reading my mind right now

i can feel a dark swampy presence, and there are frogs croaking in the distance

as for the Moderator Of Moderators, otherwise known as MOM, well, it's best i shut up right n

bblackwood

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2006, 07:37:21 AM »

Neither moderators nor admin can read PM's. They are indeed private.

As they should be.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

malice

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2006, 01:49:56 PM »

Maxim,

malice

Randy,

Interesting question, but ...

No they can't and they shouldn't even want to do so.

Everyone should take a good breathe of fresh air and meditate on the futility of all this.

You all do realise the inanity and futility of this thread, right ?

malice

rnicklaus

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2006, 02:01:23 PM »

This thread is of no interest to me.

However, when I read that you had looked at a private message, I wanted to make sure that mods weren't going into PM files at will.

It seems to be cleared up for me now.

I had a few of my posts edited in November (oddly enough, posts about editing other's posts) and this brought back a bit of that paranoia.
R.N.

t(h)ik

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2006, 02:15:02 PM »

malice wrote on Fri, 20 January 2006 19:49

Maxim,

malice

Randy,

Interesting question, but ...

No they can't and they shouldn't even want to do so.

Everyone should take a good breathe of fresh air and meditate on the futility of all this.

You all do realise the inanity and futility of this thread, right ?

malice

I totally disagree...

I think the subject matter really strikes a chord...

I was feeling completely alone, great sound is still not a reality for me...

I'm broke, alone, old....

I found myself looking at tall buildings around here and wondering if it wasn't just better to call an end to the whole affair....

Then...

this thread entered into my life...

After reading everything again and again and again...I feel I finally understand everything...

And...

I am not alone anymore...

I'm smart enough,

and brave enough....

Life is worth living thanx to the fountain of insight and luminescent wisdom of every point and counter-point...

the ying and yang..

ebb and flow...

matter and anti-matter...

music and new country...

It's a balance malice..

Can't you just open your heart and see that?

huh?

Fukk this..

I hate this place...

I have been replaced by a large flatulent spoon...

It recorded guitar for twenty-one hours straight...

and then somebody left it in the pan...

lemme nough

www.pmtstudios.com

t(h)ik

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2006, 02:20:50 PM »

rnicklaus wrote on Fri, 20 January 2006 20:01

I can't believe it!

However, when I read that you had looked at a private message, I wanted to make sure that mods weren't going into PM files at will.

They're controlled by outside forces....so it's not really their will....per se bon....

This is what the thread gave to the world....

I had a few of my posts edited in November (oddly enough, posts about editing other's posts) and this brought back a bit of that paranoia.

I know what you mean,  I know more than you think...
www.pmtstudios.com

malice

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2006, 02:33:18 PM »

I read Private messages people send me.

I have never edited a coma from any REP thread.

I don't edit post at the MARSH without the mention "edited by the moderator" and a proper explanation.

I derive no joy from this moderating thing anyway.

Glad to make this clearer.

best

malice

malice

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2006, 02:34:09 PM »

And Thanx, Tik

malice Wink

t(h)ik

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2006, 06:37:07 PM »

malice wrote on Fri, 20 January 2006 20:34

And Thanx, Tik

malice Wink

No need to thank me, just doin' my job sherrif.

Are you going to drink the rest of that?

lemme nough
www.pmtstudios.com

maxim

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2006, 07:33:21 PM »

denis wrote:

"I derive no joy from this moderating thing anyway"

maybe if you stopped being so aggressive?

smile and the world smiles with you

growl and....

minister

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2006, 09:56:26 PM »

maxim wrote on Fri, 20 January 2006 18:33

smile and the world smiles with you

growl and....
you run toward the roar?

index.php/fa/2247/0/
tom hambleton C.A.S.
minister of fancy noises
ministry of fancy noises

IMDb

maxim

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2006, 10:53:16 PM »

that's too funny (whatever that means..)

malice

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2006, 03:32:08 AM »

maxim wrote on Sat, 21 January 2006 01:33

denis wrote:

I didn't know we were on first name basis...

malice

maxim

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2006, 04:04:04 AM »

je suis desolee, monsieur moulin

you can call me max, anyhow

James 'LA' Lugo

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2006, 01:09:14 AM »

it's all good...
James Lugo
6381 Hollywood Blvd. Suite 700
Los Angeles, CA 90028
323 462 4722
http://www.VocalAsylum.com
http://www.WritingGiants.com
http://www.myspace.com/jameslugo

maxim

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2006, 03:46:09 AM »

james wrote:

"it's all good.."

alas, the longer i live the more i realise that it's not all good

but then, it's not all bad either
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 16 queries.