R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to sell an ATR102 newly restored by Mike Spitz?  (Read 6635 times)

Mass Giorgini

Re: Where to sell an ATR102 newly restored by Mike Spitz?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 09:25:28 AM »

Wow...

Thanks so much -- everyone!  My usual experience has been that when I go to pop-punk shows, the guys in the bands know who I am, and that's it -- the whole big fish/(very)small pond syndrome.

To think that among recording enthusiasts anyone is familiar with my work gives me a good feeling -- adding to that the fact that their comments are favorable, a doubly great sensation.

And of course, that the previous comment came from Steve -- the man who recorded one of my top-ten favorite punk records of all time (Jawbreaker's 24 Hour Revenge Therapy -- which could not have been captured as well by anyone else, in my opinion) -- adds yet another level of positive glow to my mood.

Once again, thanks!

-mass

el duderino

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »

i think its safe to say there is one question all Screeching Weasel fans have.....

Who farted at the beginning of How to Make Enemies and Irritate People?

seriously.....

Mass Giorgini

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 08:09:06 AM »

Believe it or not, your question is actually more informed than the first questions generated by that blast...

When I initially sent the master DAT of that album to John Golden for mastering, he worriedly telephoned the label, and sent them a copy of the first song.  

That same day, Chris Appelgren, the label president, gave me a call, saying:
"Mass, there's a problem with the new Weasel DAT. Right at the beginning of the first song, just after the first Start ID, there is a digital glitch, and there is no way to repair it."

So I said:
"Oh, I know what you're talking about.  That's just a fart."

Chris answered:
"Well,I don't know the technical names for these things -- I just know there's a problem, and we need a new DAT ASAP."

At edge of bursting out in laughter, I tried to explain:
"No, there's nothing technical needed to explain the sound -- Ben was just quite flatulent that day.  He literally farted."

Chris: "I don't understand."

Fortunately, within the next few sentences, all was cleared up.  

To make matters even more interesting (and absurd), when the album was released a few months later, there were a fair number of confused fans that made similar comments, and even tried to exchange their copies of the album for new "non-defective" ones.

-mass

Adam P

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 09:19:29 PM »

That's great!  Who'd have thought you'd have to explain farting to a bunch of punk rockers?

el duderino

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2006, 11:00:14 AM »

fucking hilarious. i think i would have fell over laughing. Laughing
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.