R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Gearslutz SUCKS now  (Read 30461 times)

i dig music

Re: Gearslutz SUCKS now
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2009, 10:47:49 PM »

rankus wrote on Thu, 15 January 2009 15:32

i dig music wrote on Thu, 15 January 2009 09:42

its a little tacky and unfair to jules to have it floating around here, especially when it is the farthest thing from the truth.

Agreed ... it should be retired... btw IT'S TWO YEARS OLD folks

Wow, I did not even notice the dates, which even makes for a more compelling reason to retire this thread.

And, as for 61strat's "reply" to this thread........ a year later, it kinda smells. given its his first post ever on psw, it certainly appears suspicious...........and 61strat, please post your real name in your sig or profile.

Also, I don't understand the whole "Lots of Members here........keeps things honest and open" thing. And....."GS may indeed seem "pimpy" at times.........."but jules is cool" trip. I  guess I'm just wondering why is anyone comparing, or who's keeping score..and for what reason? And as for "pimpy"...PSW has one of those...one who everybody respects and enjoys for a variety of reasons...but in the end everything has its purpose, so WTF? GS has been around since the beginning of AE BBS, and it has many many many new comers interested in audio, but it also has very very strong base of seasoned AE professionals as well who have been there and here for many years. Both places offer different things for different folk...really, what's so wrong with that?

Honestly, Jules has never allowed negative forum to forum crap to exist on his BBS, and while I'm not a mod, I've been around the block here and there and other places. Keeping this thread alive is disrespectful to Jules and to people that hang out at GS and PSW.

Just my 2 cents.
R. Steele

Jules

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2009, 08:00:19 AM »

yeah well..

Several years on and there have been some developments and some areas of no change..

1) we now have ways to detect multiple user ID's and deleted covert posting 'covert marketing' ID's when ever we can. We actively encourage the Gearslutz.com community to actively REPORT 'covert marketing' activities and we frequently shut down people that have been abusing the system.

2) the problem of the 'dealer / engineer' who's advice always seems to (coincidentally  Rolling Eyes ) point to a brand of equipment in their own range of goods for sale - CONTINUES TO BE TIRESOME. However - one has to trust in some degree of intelligence of the gearslutz.com visitors to be able to see these very regular posters for the pimps they are. Shocked . (We may end up with a situation where dealers are 'quarantined' in a special dealer area and completely disallowed out in the main forum areas - this is what a lot of very busy Automobile discussion forums do..(they are super strict about keeping sales weasels away from the membership.)

3) we continue to halt or remove rehashed, long term bashing - Once a horse is flogged, we don't go for the messy, continued pounding of its carcass.

4) There are 13 moderators at gearslutz and each has their own moderation style. In a forum context freedom of speech can sometimes mean freedom to insult or freedom to 'trash'. The moderators are united in not wanting insults and malicious (or agenda driven) trashing expeditions on the forum. If people don't like the forum moderation - they are free to vote with their feet.

Thanks for the constructive criticism

Kris

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2009, 10:19:43 AM »

Julez RULEZ!!!

wwittman

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2009, 06:31:50 PM »

Are there 4 pages on gearslutz discussing PSW?

would it be 'allowed'?

I hope so.

William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 17 queries.