R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guitar Amp For the Studio  (Read 20952 times)

tats_dragon

Re: Guitar Amp For the Studio
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2006, 07:11:47 PM »

I had a 1x12", sold it to a buddy and got another one.  The build quality is very solid.  I currently have a Mesa/EV speaker in mine and it sounds great.  Will get more in the future.

Jun  

hargerst

« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2006, 07:38:03 PM »

Okay, eat your hearts out, guys.

I was at the Denton Flea Market yesterday and I found an old Traynor YBA-1 "Bass-Master" 50 watt tube head, in perfect shape - for $20!!

index.php/fa/2535/0/

The sound is similar to the Marshall JT45.  Great for guitar or bass.  They're currently going for $400 to $600 on ebay.

God, I love garage sales and flea markets.
Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio

Tidewater

« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2006, 11:56:14 PM »

TV, and cheap amps... you are a hound.

Smile

M
Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

John Ivan

« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2006, 02:15:19 AM »

COOL amp Harvey!!

When I hitch hiked back from Florida at 18 years old, I landed back in my home town and landed a gig playing in my first country band. I plugged straight into a Traynor 50 watt tube head and a 2x12 box. NOTHING on the floor for a year. It sounded great! I love those. Mine looked different than that though.

NICE. 20 bucks!! Cool Cool  Cool  Cool

JI
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

hargerst

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2006, 01:18:16 PM »

The early YBA-1's had chicken head knobs which were later replaced with siver insert knobs.  I don't recall seeing one with the red knobs or red nameplate, but I think it was a standard model.

Used it last week and it was perfect for the sound I wanted.  Alex plans to use it this week for some of his sessions.
Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio

redfro

« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2006, 03:05:09 PM »

hargerst wrote on Mon, 13 March 2006 18:38

Okay, eat your hearts out, guys.

I was at the Denton Flea Market yesterday and I found an old Traynor YBA-1 "Bass-Master" 50 watt tube head, in perfect shape - for $20!!

I was going to go last weekend but had a session pop up.
DAMN IT!!!
Wes Pitzer
WCS Media

djwayne

« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2006, 11:34:50 PM »

You guys got me beat, I found this little Yamaha GA-10 practice amp for $10. It didn't work when I got it, but I found a couple of loose wires and replaced a missing fuse, and now it works just great. 10 watts, and a nice little Yamaha speaker. It's loud enough to tick off the neighbors, but also can put out a nice clean sound.   It may not be the deal of the century, but hey, it's a nice little practice amp for $10, and okay for me. I still need to get some new knobs for it, but that's just peanuts.

djwayne

« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2006, 11:37:41 PM »

I got this guitar at the same time, and I really like it. The guitar was extra.

theo mack

« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2006, 02:04:26 AM »

Vertigo wrote on Sun, 05 March 2006 09:42

BTW - I'll check out that 906. The e609 black-face is a favorite of mine for guitar cabs, but they're getting really hard to find now.

-Lance

Dude!
shhhhhhh.
no they are terrible and everyone should send them to me for proper disposal.

Seriously, I remember when the first E609 came out and everyone talked smack about it being "no MD409". It was a bit more expensive at first, but 6 months after it came out you could get them at fullcompass for $150.  One of my fav guit amp mics ever.  The later silver 609 doesnt have the low mid magic of the first gen E609.
I need to try the 906 to see if it's like the good 609.

BTW the best marshall rhy tone I ever heard was a un modified jcm800 50 watt head and matching 4 12 slant box.  It was winter '96 at baby monster in nyc.
get this: It was covered with factory green tolex. Must have been a aniversary edition or something. I check pawns out for these amps all the time, never seen another one. Bob Quine was playing, that had a lot to do with the sound too.
theo mack
Freelance Audio Guy

Las Vegas, NV.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 20 queries.