R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digidesign Mbox 2 USB power issues....  (Read 1810 times)

thephatboi

Digidesign Mbox 2 USB power issues....
« on: March 10, 2006, 11:49:49 PM »

A friend of mine just bought an Mbox 2 and with his laptop (a Dell), the USB bus does not seem to have enough power to power the thing properly and we had low output and even distortion sometimes. I have an HD rig and am very familiar with protools and proper levels and such so no user error. Anybody else having USB power starving issues with the Mbox 2? I have heard others having a similar problem and that alot of new computers, Powerbooks and G5s included, have LESS power to the USB ports than previous models (totally cheap and lame of apple to do that). Then the fact that the Mbox 2 does not even have the option of powering it from the wall seems a bit silly. Thinking of returning it. Maybe one of the M audio boxes that works with Protools Mpowered that can plug into a wall would be better. If you respond please state what computer model you are using because I guess USB power varies a bit from computer to computer. thanks in advance for any info.

Chris Lambrechts

Re: Digidesign Mbox 2 USB power issues....
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 04:04:41 AM »

hmmm ... There is the option of getting one of those little powered USB Hubs. Those should provide enough power ...

But that's not really an elegant solution now is it ?

Chris Lambrechts

Brendan Thompson

Re: Digidesign Mbox 2 USB power issues....
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 07:21:35 AM »

The Mbox should go into it's own USB buss... it draws the full 500ma available from the USB port.

Digi say no hubs, but it may solve the power issue.
http://home.no.net/nightguy/images/teambunny2.gif

I'm currently out of my mind, please leave a message after the scream...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.