R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First time caller, long time listener.  (Read 2970 times)

peter_martin

• Real Full Name: Peter Martin
First time caller, long time listener.
« on: May 23, 2011, 03:54:01 PM »

Finally on board the board here, and have been monitoring the PSW site (and the old one) for probably the past four years.

I have gained a lot of insight on how great minds, record great minds making music together. I have been studying recording, composition, and sound design for nearly 50 hours a week for the past 5 years and finally have enough work and wisdom to even consider myself 'good enough' to join such an esteemed resource such as PSW hoping to contribute. I have had my share of music since about the age of 10 with two seasons in the Houston Symphony, but the art of recording music and composition never ceased to amaze me.

I've followed Ross', Michael B's, Terry's, and the rest of the crew's work and have been big fans to not only the sounds you all create and capture but the methods and philosophies that are driving these choices.

It is my humble honor to finally be apart of it and share this space with some of the best minds in recording music.

You guys have been a HUGE inspiration on so many levels, and have provided more illumination to the shadows of my minds eye for this work than you guys can ever know.

Glad to be here, glad to be sharing, and hope I'm not stepping on any toes doing this.

Thanks all for helping me get one step closer to Parnassus.

8)

rosshogarth

Re: First time caller, long time listener.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 05:11:16 PM »

Welcome !!!
The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.

The standard of success in life isn't the things. It isn't the money or the stuff. It is absolutely the amount of joy that you feel.

Michael Brauer

Re: First time caller, long time listener.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 05:42:21 PM »

it's a fun place to hang, welcome!

michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.