R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: rush fees? (turnaround on unattended work)  (Read 4854 times)

davidc

Re: rush fees? (turnaround on unattended work)
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2006, 11:52:02 AM »

Thomas W. Bethel wrote on Sat, 11 March 2006 16:40

I did have two sessions scheduled, I was able to reschedule one of them for the next day (nice client) and I got about 4 hours of sleep before the afternoon client came in at 3:00 pm. So I was rested but may not have been 100%. I also try NOT to do these all nighters anymore.

I won't do this!

People don't realize how demanding this job is. Every session gets 110% mental and emotional concentration. 10hrs a day is the max I can do, and I need at least one day off a week. Sometimes when it gets really busy, this gets stretched, and I start to feel it.

What are other peoples limits?

Jerry Tubb

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2006, 12:13:25 PM »

Thomas W. Bethel wrote on Sat, 11 March 2006 10:40

I also try NOT to do these all nighters anymore.

Yeah, you shoulda charged him double... or triple rate, but admirably you didn't.

Giving that extra measure to your clients is a great attribute, and can enhance one's reputation, but some folks are inclined to take advantage of one's good nature. I have a very short list of folks I'm willing to do that for. A long chain of pushing the limit, several days or weeks in a row has it's price. At some point, you have to watch out for ME "burn out" syndrome...

Of course I've had a long week of many sessions, and just blowing off steam.

A humorous (?) anecdote:

I have a long time regular client, that I have developed a pattern of giving that extra measure to, and we've become great friends... but sometimes the line between business and friendship gets a little fuzzy.

He told me years ago "if you want your business to be a success, you'll give a little extra to your clients and not tell them about it." ...some sorta pseudo "new age" universal law of karma or some such nonsense... to excuse the fact that he's cheap.

Last time he was in for a session I turned the tables and told him: "if you want your project to be a big success, you'll pay the ME a little extra than his regular rate, and not tell him... it's a universal karmic law!"

I caught him off guard, & we both laffed so hard that we nearly peed our pants.

But I made my point... in a friendly way.

cheers
Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 20 years of Mastering!

Ronny

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2006, 01:02:22 PM »

Funny story Jay Tee and touche for you.

I wish karmic law paid the bills, I'd have a yen and yang bank account.

------Ronny Morris - Digitak Mastering------
---------http://digitakmastering.com---------