R/E/P > Mastering Dynamics

c1 c2 ..r2d2

<< < (2/3) > >>

Rick Sutton:
I've seen higher C1 since the Taiyo discs have been coming in under the JVC banner. Used to be in the .7 to 1.1 range and now run in the 1.5 to 3.0 range.
 Peaks are also following the higher trend.
Haven't seen any increase in C2 which is basically 0.

Sadie 5,  Plextor 760A

Millice:

--- Quote from: Jerry Tubb on March 16, 2011, 09:20:31 AM ---0.5 avg/sec C1's here on the current batch of TY media on a NOS 716a.

Previous batch was more in that 1.5 range.

To me it's almost entirely dependent on the batch of discs, I often check the batch number on the inner band, keeping the best ones for masters, the others for refs.

JT

--- End quote ---

Same here Jerry.  One spool will show consistent in the 0.3-0.5 avg/sec C1's and the next will show anywhere  from 1.5+ avg/sec C1's. 

soundroid:

--- Quote from: Rick Sutton on March 16, 2011, 01:28:41 PM ---I've seen higher C1 since the Taiyo discs have been coming in under the JVC banner. Used to be in the .7 to 1.1 range and now run in the 1.5 to 3.0 range.
 Peaks are also following the higher trend.
Haven't seen any increase in C2 which is basically 0.

Sadie 5,  Plextor 760A

--- End quote ---

I noticed this too, hence my posting. I was getting 1 - 1.5 averages for a long time until recently. checked it on several burners with the same results. could possibly be the batch of TYs.

Dave-G:
I'd echo what John said above;  C2 = coaster here on principle.

Also wanted to add that although the TY's I've had over the past year or so had been spottier than years past, the last several "JVC" branded TY watershield spindles I've gotten have been much better, and much more consistent in their low C1 averages.

-Dave

soundroid:
I've rejected quite a few spindles lately with circular marks on the write-able side of the disc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version