R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Who was more important?  (Read 33656 times)

maxim

Re: Who was more important?
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2006, 12:42:10 AM »

kenny g wrote:

"Oh. And yes. I do find the time to come over to your dirt pile and defend such Legends as Bob Ohlsson.

If you paid any attention, you would see that this was not an unprovoked attack."

damn right, it was provoked

bob said that he did not consider music art, and made some smart/ing remark, hiding behind his ex-wife's skirt about getting paid for being a performing monkey

i consider that as a provocation, and that statement as a bitter rant, but, unfortunately, she is not here to defend her outrageous stance

perhaps, i should have kept my senses about me, but the xmas spirit gets us all

it's all an intellectual discussion, after all

even kenny g and johhny b are allowed to post

Tidewater

« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2006, 12:48:11 AM »

Kenny Gioia wrote on Mon, 02 January 2006 00:33

You always struck me as someone with their head so far up their own ass that they didn't know what the rest of the world was up to.

Are you talking to me? I thought you were talking to me, because I really don't give a fuck what the rest of the World is up to.

I don't come here to get ideas, I come here to share experiences, and compare notes. (and laugh, a bunch)

I see another message in between the lines of the one you wrote. I don't think you'd have meant to write it. Irony.

I guess I have gone from contentious prick, to minion.

M
Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

maxim

« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2006, 12:52:55 AM »

miles wrote:

"I don't come here to get ideas..."

admit it, you've been taking notes on johhny b's theorems

Tidewater

« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2006, 12:57:33 AM »

In my mind, Johnny B. *is* a theory of theorhetorical alchemy.

M
Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

electrical

« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2006, 01:01:09 AM »

This does not surprise me.

You always struck me as someone with their head so far up their own ass that they didn't know what the rest of the world was up to.

"Someone" is a singular noun. You can tell because it has the word "one" in it. That means it's singular. "They" is a plural pronoun, as are all its forms. You can't use one in the subject and another in the predicate like that. Try to keep up with the 10-year-olds, Ken. I don't wnat everyone thinking we're a bunch of illiterates over here in the dirt pile.

Quote:

Oh. And yes. I do find the time to come over to your dirt pile and defend such Legends as Bob Ohlsson.

I don't recall anyone mentioning Bob. I like him fine. Smart fellow. Not prone to belittling others. He is worthy of emulation.

Quote:

If you paid any attention, you would see that this was not an unprovoked attack. But I guess with that pittance (day rate) you so gladly receive, your spare time is a little more precious than mine.

When did I provoke you, fuckstick? And what the fuck does it matter to anyone but my clients how much I charge them? Specifically, why do you care?
best,

steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electrical dot com
www.electrical.com

maxim

« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2006, 01:13:41 AM »

miles wrote:

"In my mind, Johnny B. *is* a theory of theorhetorical alchemy."

"people out there turning music into gold"

Kenny Gioia

« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2006, 01:14:02 AM »

electrical wrote on Mon, 02 January 2006 01:01

"Someone" is a singular noun. You can tell because it has the word "one" in it. That means it's singular. "They" is a plural pronoun, as are all its forms. You can't use one in the subject and another in the predicate like that. Try to keep up with the 10-year-olds, Ken. I don't wnat everyone thinking we're a bunch of illiterates over here in the dirt pile.

Perhaps you're new to Internet forums. It is common knowledge that one only attacks other's grammar when one has run out of ideas or points.

By the way, what's a "wnat".

Oh. And yes. I do find the time to come over to your dirt pile and defend such Legends as Bob Ohlsson.

I don't recall anyone mentioning Bob. I like him fine. Smart fellow. Not prone to belittling others. He is worthy of emulation.

Than re-read the thread. I was attacking Maxim. You jumped in with your dick waving in the air not realizing that the girls had already left the orgy.

If you paid any attention, you would see that this was not an unprovoked attack. But I guess with that pittance (day rate) you so gladly receive, your spare time is a little more precious than mine.

When did I provoke you, fuckstick? And what the fuck does it matter to anyone but my clients how much I charge them? Specifically, why do you care?

"You" didn't provoke me. Maxim provoked Bob. Am I movin' too fast for ya'?

And then you provoked me when you called me a Dick, Dick.

Do you often jump in the middle of two strangers and start throwing punches at one of them?

Maybe if you starting taking points on records the way the rest of us do, you wouldn't need to take a part time job as an over zealous chest protruding club bouncer.

Happy New Year.

electrical

« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2006, 01:19:45 AM »

Kenny Gioia wrote on Mon, 02 January 2006 01:14

Maybe if you starting taking points on records the way the rest of us do, you wouldn't need to take a part time job as an over zealous chest protruding club bouncer.

You have just blown my mind.
best,

steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electrical dot com
www.electrical.com

Kenny Gioia

« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2006, 01:24:24 AM »

And Print!!!!!

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/hazellr/cb/4.jpg

Ron Steele

« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2006, 01:55:26 AM »

Kenny,

I always thought you had the potential to be a dick on occasion,

but now it's..................

"plain as day" ..........

that not only our you a big dick, but your also a jag-off.

Is that how Bob O. would really want you to defend him?

Acting like such a dick head?

Steve, I think you should make Kenny your first official banning for being such a rude dick head.

It doesn't seem like he will become less of dick, but it seems like his dick will certainly become over inflated to the point of no end.
 "I have had PLENTY of my posts torched on other boards. It kind of goes with the territory of pushing the envelope. Their house, their rules. Why can't everyone GET this?"

Curve Dominant

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2006, 02:36:45 AM »

Kenny Gioia wrote on Mon, 02 January 2006 06:14

Perhaps you're new to Internet forums. It is common knowledge that one only attacks other's grammar when one has run out of ideas or points.

By the way, what's a "wnat".

Than re-read the thread. I was attacking Maxim. You jumped in with your dick waving in the air not realizing that the girls had already left the orgy.

"You" didn't provoke me. Maxim provoked Bob. Am I movin' too fast for ya'?

And then you provoked me when you called me a Dick, Dick.

Do you often jump in the middle of two strangers and start throwing punches at one of them?

Happy New Year.

Gee, what a nice New Year's treat this is, seeing my two most favorite audio genius heroes getting along so nicely.

You guys are SUCH an inspiration for newbies like me.

Don't go changing, please.

originalrecorderman

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2006, 02:55:47 AM »

doo-doo-doo-doo-doo * "twilight zone" style"

....is this the old record pit???  Rolling Eyes

bbkong

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2006, 03:31:19 AM »

I never post over here, but do read a lot.

I only post now to say:

LMAO.

In the spirit of keeping on topic, I gotta disagree with Bob on music not being an art. Maybe recording it isn't, but...that's a digressive topic.

Much like the thread.

Oh, and for the record, the 'Marsh Pit' is a pretty friendly place unless someone pops up with self inflated puffery and/or complete lunacy.

Then ya gets what you pay for.

No whining.

Alright, back to our regularly scheduled penis exhibition.
"ottotune that bastard till he sounds like a sine wave"

originalrecorderman

« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2006, 03:52:14 AM »

see...I KNEW it was... Very Happy

Slipperman

« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2006, 05:00:52 AM »

What a fucking SHIT-STORM.

This is classic.

Ahh me.

Makin' friends on de internot!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

LMFBO.

Dyin' over here.

SM.

I refuse to be part of any club that would have me as a member. - G. Marx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 33 queries.