R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: POLL: Left or Right handed?  (Read 5791 times)

brandondrury

Re: POLL: Left or Right handed?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2005, 02:25:28 PM »

I write with my left hand, throw with my left hand, but bat with my right hand.  I play guitar right handed, but eat with my left hand.  Now that I think about it, I wipe my ass with my right hand.  (What an intimate story to share on a recording forum!).

Brandon

thedoc

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2005, 05:43:31 PM »

I write with my right hand, but use my left for the mouse......it drives people nuts, so that is good.  
If leftys have been viewed badly in history, Macca should put an end to that!
Doc

rankus

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2005, 05:48:45 PM »

imagineaudio wrote on Tue, 20 December 2005 14:06

Quote:

I would expect lefthanders here to be 3% of the population as they are in the general population.

see, i would think lefthanders here to be greater than the general population.  I've always associated lefthandedness and creative personality.

me....i write left handed, throw left, play guitars/drums right handed, throw darts right handed, shoot basketball left, play hockey/golf/putt-putt right..jerk it right....hmmm

Yes, this is very intestingk...33% left right now....  At first I thought what a silly poll,... but truly enlightening from the psychological perspective... right brain left brain thing.... (lefty's using the right side of their brain which is the "creative" side...)
Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

el duderino

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2005, 10:40:36 AM »

im right handed.

but when i was kid, i use to start writing with my left hand and then in the middle of the page (going across) switch to my right hand. not sure why i stopped other than it being weird.

joeq

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2005, 10:03:23 PM »

hmmm....  Lefties running much higher than the national average.

Maybe this poll shows that there are more left handed people in this field.  

Which would make sense because of the traditional association of left handedness with "creativity".    (this could be due to some kind of genetic linkage, brain half dominance or simply that the creative types are more likely to resist being converted to right handedness.)

But maybe all this poll shows is that left handers are more likely to vote in a poll about handedness.  

Which would make sense since they often see themselves as an 'oppressed' minority and would want to make a statement by voting in a poll.   Maybe the righties, comfortable in their dominance, are skipping the poll.  

zmix

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2005, 01:55:24 PM »

joeq wrote on Fri, 23 December 2005 22:03

But maybe all this poll shows is that left handers are more likely to vote in a poll about handedness.  
Which would make sense since they often see themselves as an 'oppressed' minority and would want to make a statement by voting in a poll.   Maybe the righties, comfortable in their dominance, are skipping the poll.

That's an interesting supposition.... There is a lot of data which has been generated by studies of hand dominance and creativity which indicate a much higher number of lefties among creative types, but I wonder if I would have started this poll if I was a righty - however - if I was I might be intimidated to know how many lefties were lurking here....

-CZ

Tomas Danko

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2005, 12:56:03 PM »

I'm a lefty although I fake playing guitar like a right handed and wipe my ass like Brandon. The other unmentionable things I can do with both hands. Individually or simultaneously.

I am, of course, speaking of playing table tennis.

But hey, howcome this poll in a forum called WHATEVER WORKS...

Cheers,

Tomas Danko
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

Barry Hufker

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2005, 03:14:49 PM »

I would guess the poll is here because right handed or left handed, it is whatever works!

Barry
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 33 queries.