R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: You-Know-Who is on TV right now.  (Read 9983 times)

zboy2854

Re: You-Know-Who is on TV right now.
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2006, 10:45:13 AM »

sixtiksix wrote on Tue, 03 January 2006 10:19

The Chineese aren't leaving their farms that have six John Deere machines and a nice little homestead...so...not a fair comparison.

Maybe not fair, but accurate.  Since the question was if the Chinese were happy doing these manfacturing jobs, the answer is compared to what they were doing before, yes.

Quote:

Fair trade...hmmm...compete...Can't really say, but I don't believe people are Walmart greeters, but if you say so.

You don't believe there are Walmart greeters, or you don't believe former manufacturing workers are?  In the former case, I can assure you that Walmart greeter is in fact a real job description, as silly as it sounds.  In the latter, I'm not saying all former manufacturing workers have that job, but simply pointing out that a large number of those who once had high paying manufacturing jobs with benefits now work much lower paying service jobs with no benefits, and therefore have to now pay their own health care costs, etc.  So in essence it's a double whammy on their budget.

Quote:

On the other hand what will happen in China as the quality of life gets better?  Will they finally get off their haunches and become like....Japan?....

It's possible.  China is certainly in a strange situation, being simultanously a communist regime but practicing capitalism.  If the people do rise up and democratize, then eventually they will demand worker protections, benefits, etc.  However, there's no guarantee that will happen, and in the meantime it eviscerates the labor markets of industrialized nations.  So in essence, we are fueling the progress of China to our own detriment.

Quote:

I don't agree with your mortgage thing either.  I had no business getting a mortgage, but they (whoever they is) let me have one and I owned a home til I went broke.  It was great.  When you say it is down to emergency levels....emergency for whom?

As a property investor and landlord myself, I can tell you that
I know more about the mortgage and RE situation than I care to.

You say you owned a home til you went broke.  What happened then?  Either you were forced to sell it and take whatever money was left for yourself, or the bank foreclosed.  It is this second scenario that will play out for many people, especially if housing prices retreat even a fraction, because they will then be upside down in their mortgage and owe more than the property is worth, and have no choice but to walk away and let the bank take it back.

As far as emergency levels, it is emergency for the economy.  The Fed has a range that they consider "nominal" for interest rates, and then they have a range they consider "emergency".  Very few people ask the question why did the Fed over the last 4 years have to cut rates to levels not seen since the Depression?  There are such massive imbalances and structural problems underlying the U.S. economy that the Fed knew they had to cut hard and fast to keep the economy propped up, but in the process they created another problem, namely the housing bubble, and all in all they only served to forestall the eventual rebalancing that the laws of economics tell us must eventually come.  Only now, because even more imbalances have been created, that rebalancing will be far more painful than before.

t(h)ik

« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2006, 10:53:26 AM »

Zach,

Have to record bass geetar....you are very fun to talk to.

I will address you points on my next break...

I made a shitload on my house after paying no money down...

I have been greeted before at WalMart...it was great!

I want to be polite and answer when I have more time.

Your comment about the Chineese is pretty lame...lol...compared to what they were doing...

see ya's soon...

tik
I used to be self effacing, but I couldn't even do that right....
www.pmtstudios.com

John Ivan

« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2006, 12:09:53 PM »

sixtiksix wrote on Tue, 03 January 2006 09:28

Joe Sixpack?

That may be me.

Have you ever worked in a factory?

Anyway the Chineese can't love it anymore than we do.

I don't see it so gloom and doom.

What is the alternative to open trade as the world gets smaller....war?

If the economy and way of life is so bad, what was the housing boom we just went through all about?

People in the government can say whatever they want to, but the reality is most people are happy or want to jump of a bridge...

lemme nough

tik

You don't see it so Gloom and Doom because you don't live here in the rust belt. You might not know a bunch of people who are looking for 8 dollar per hour job's. These are skilled workers who were making 25 dollars per hour last year or the year before.  It's real!! The middle class,, here,, in America,, where I live, is going away. FAST.

Anyone in the government who is even remotely implying the economy is "good" can kiss my ass.  Good for who??

It is so so very clear to me that things are going to get very bad around here.

#1. People can't make enough money. Period.

#2.  EVERYTHING costs way more than it did.

#3. The economy is NOT being rebuilt with the American worker in mind. NOT!!

I travel this country from one end to another. The middle class,average people in America are in big trouble now. This will get worse before it gets better. I'm not making this up. It's plain as day. I'm watching it HAPPEN with my own eye's and ears.... You just wait another 6 or 7 months when NONE of these folks can pay for their houses and plastic. They wont have any money. They wont even be able to buy a cheap china car.......  

Dude, we're fucked.....

Ivan.....................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Barry Hufker

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2006, 02:18:52 PM »

Tik,

You're right I have little to say to you.  But I do have two things.  Forgive me if they are insulting to you.  I don't mean them to be but they are an expression of the current discussion you and I share:

1) The Argument Sketch (stolen by me from Monty Python)

Barry:  I came here for a good argument.
Tik:   No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
B:  An argument isn't just contradiction.
T:   It can be.
B:  No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
T:   No it isn't.
B:  Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
T:   Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
B:  Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
T:   Yes it is!
B:   No it isn't!

2) The second is stolen by me from Zach:

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Tik,

You know little of politics and world history.  You live in your little world and that's fine.  But your view is not based on anything but your very limited experience.

Barry

t(h)ik

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2006, 07:19:52 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Tue, 03 January 2006 20:18

Tik,

You're right I have little to say to you.  But I do have two things.  Forgive me if they are insulting to you.  I don't mean them to be but they are an expression of the current discussion you and I share:

1) The Argument Sketch (stolen by me from Monty Python)

Barry:  I came here for a good argument.
Tik:   No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
B:  An argument isn't just contradiction.
T:   It can be.
B:  No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
T:   No it isn't.
B:  Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
T:   Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
B:  Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
T:   Yes it is!
B:   No it isn't!

2) The second is stolen by me from Zach:

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Tik,

You know little of politics and world history.  You live in your little world and that's fine.  But your view is not based on anything but your very limited experience.

Barry

That's why I am here Barry, to try 'n learn something.

They must be right about ignorance being bliss 'n such.

I have no experience and I can't believe I made this far in this discussion....I am ashamed...

I didn't even cite a single source.

You win the argument.  Forgive me

tik

P.S. What's a Monty Python?

I used to be self effacing, but I couldn't even do that right....
www.pmtstudios.com

Barry Hufker

« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2006, 07:51:19 PM »

Tik,

If "winning" means edifying someone, then I accept.

Barry

maxdimario

« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2006, 08:07:31 PM »

Quote:

#1. People can't make enough money. Period.

#2. EVERYTHING costs way more than it did.

#3. The economy is NOT being rebuilt with the American worker in mind. NOT!!

and that's not as bad as what happened in europe with the EURO.

money effectively lost 1/2 it's value overnight.

this is absolute fact here in Italy.

In France at least stuff like medicine costs less.

In Germany the loss wasn't as heavy, but still ridicoulous.

but people who had money in the bank got ripped off for half it's value!

HALF.

and there is only SUPPOSED to be a slight increase in inflation.

NOBODY COMPLAINED PUBLICLY (the media is controlled)

we are in the hands of the headless monsters, and their debts.

Financial engineering is sucking up all the money.

zboy2854

« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2006, 08:39:22 PM »

Ain't that the truth.  If anyone wants to know who really controls everything, it ain't the politicians, it's the bankers.

Tidewater

« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2006, 06:43:10 PM »

The crux is that you have to watch, wash, and cherish your own ass, nobody does it better.

M
Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

John Ivan

« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2006, 09:04:50 PM »

DivideByZero wrote on Thu, 05 January 2006 18:43

The crux is that you have to watch, wash, and cherish your own ass, nobody does it better.

M

YEP, what ever any of us might think about who's fault this or that is?? We gotta be our own recovery plan. Some how, I'll make enough to live .. I still might pitch a fit though

Those rotten fucks!@#$%^!!! One of these days, I'll see one on the side of the road with a broken car and,, I'll'' well',,  I'll keep driven. That's what!! That'll teach em!!

Wait,, who am I talkin' about again??      Um,, Oh yeah!! Those Fucker's!!!@#$%^&
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.