R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody know what happened to Soundblade?  (Read 31613 times)

JohannesG

Re: Anybody know what happened to Soundblade?
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2006, 03:13:09 AM »

You can already have that now, for a little amount of money, with Parallels software.

The rumor also links to a company which wants to allow windows applications without even having to boot windows (ie almost as though they were native mac apps). However, I have serious doubts that any audio application would ever run this way reliably.

Johannes

Ben F

« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2006, 03:30:56 AM »

I imagine the drivers for various audio/media software would be the main problem. Core Audio seems to handle this pretty well in OSX Panther.

Even DigiDesign hardware works!

JohannesG

« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2006, 03:39:57 AM »

From the sonic mailing list I just learned that Sonic X will depend on the sonic hardware.

I must admit that the chances that I will buy soundblade have just dramatically slimmed. I simply know that the sonic hardware will be completely out of our budget. I was still hoping that one could buy soundblade, and eventually move up to sonic X to get surround etc. Now that doesn't seem to be an option any more, meaning that I will be better off saving for Sequoia.

I am sure some people appreciate the hardware offers from sonic, and I am happy to accept some limitations in processing power etc when one doesn't use it, but the days of hardware dependent mastering solutions are long over. Even Pyramix is available host based now.

Please, SonicStudio, start being more realistic. You don't have the monopoly any more, and your direct competition is no longer Sonic HD but Sequoia.

And it may well be someone else soon, who asks for a lot less money.

Johannes

JohannesG

« Reply #153 on: September 06, 2006, 04:55:27 AM »

Barry,

I would love to hear your opinions after you received your real copy of soundblade. Are you happy with it now?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.