R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody know what happened to Soundblade?  (Read 31433 times)

Barry Hufker

Anybody know what happened to Soundblade?
« on: December 16, 2005, 02:35:09 PM »

I thought Sonic Studio was supposed to release it this month.  I wrote them about it and received no reply.

Barry

Larry Elliott

Re: Anybody know what happened to Soundblade?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 03:03:40 PM »

Barry - SouldBlade was slated from 1st Quarter 2006 - PreMasterCD was due in November - I did have that preorded but cancelled after I found it was 16bit only.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 04:23:59 PM »

Larry,

Thanks for the information.  It is very helpful -- and Soundblade now seems more than a little disappointing.

Barry

jfrigo

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 02:29:28 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Fri, 16 December 2005 13:23

Larry,

Thanks for the information.  It is very helpful -- and Soundblade now seems more than a little disappointing.

Barry

Why? Just because it's later in line for release? I'm confused as to what has changed for you. I'm still curious to see how it turns out. The DDP app seems like a cool place to start, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the rest of the line. And give them a call if you didn't get an email back. I can always get a human when I call. And let 'em know they missed your email. That's not good.

Larry,
As for the other program, the Premaster CD thing, when you say 16 bit, do you mean just that it outputs 16 bit to CD? I'm sure it must take 24 bit files and do all of it's calculations higher, but dithers output to 16 since it's for CD. I don't know - I'm just making an educated guess. I'd be shocked if it was 16 bit front to back. Do you have details?

reynaud

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 09:42:42 AM »

The feature matrix on the Sonic Studio site now includes all the Premastering Products including SoundBlade. I'm guessing that Soundblade release is not far off - hopefully they will have a pdf of its full capabilities available soon.

http://www.sonicstudio.com/products/matrix.html

cheers,
Reynaud

Riccardo

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 04:06:31 PM »

1st quarter 2006 for Soundblade.
Can't imagine anything disappointing about it.
You can have an harware loop, SRC, VST plugs, output to DDP, Sonic editing model...... support for hardware.... what more?

Cool

Barry Hufker

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 04:22:30 PM »

I am not disappointed about its appearing in the first quarter of 2006.  Nor am I disappointed I didn't receive a return email.

Larry is of the opinion it is "16 bit only."  If that is true then that's why I am disappointed.

I read the matrix provided by Reynaud.  It was quite helpful.  While it says Soundblade "opens" 16 to 24 bit files.  It doesn't say it writes anything above 16 bit files.  That to me would be very disappointing.

I like many of the other features and I guess I will just have to wait to see how things really are.

Barry

jfrigo

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2005, 01:50:32 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Sat, 17 December 2005 13:22

Larry is of the opinion it is "16 bit only."  If that is true then that's why I am disappointed.

No, I believe he said that about Pre Master CD, not Soundblade.

Riccardo

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2005, 05:36:47 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Sat, 17 December 2005 21:22

I am not disappointed about its appearing in the first quarter of 2006.  Nor am I disappointed I didn't receive a return email.

I read the matrix provided by Reynaud.  It was quite helpful.  While it says Soundblade "opens" 16 to 24 bit files.  It doesn't say it writes anything above 16 bit files.  That to me would be very disappointing.

I like many of the other features and I guess I will just have to wait to see how things really are.

Barry

Yes you can record 24 Bit, up to 96 kHz SR.
Cool

turtletone

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2005, 09:23:12 AM »

for a CD premastering program, why would you need to have it write anything but 16 bit? These programs are designed for CD premastering and that's it. They are supposed to come out with a multitrack package sometime in 2006. this will probably have other options.
Michael Fossenkemper
TurtleTone Studio
info@turtletonestudio.com
www.turtletonestudio.com

bblackwood

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2005, 11:12:07 PM »

Honestly, I love Sequoia more than anything, but they refuse to even look at porting to OSX. If SoundBlade is as good as it has the potential to be (primarily meaning a bug-free release that works as it should), I might switch over here as I prefer OSX to XP all the way...

But the software has to be *that* good - I'm not about to switch platforms because of OS preference.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

twelfthandvine

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2005, 11:25:14 PM »

Hi ...

Like others here I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of soundBlade and certainly don't expect it's features to be disappointing.  Like Barry I wrote to Sonic but received a reply from the newly appointed regional distributors (well known company that certainly knows what its doing).  Sonic had passed my mail on.

According to them, soundBlade will open AIFF, WAV, BWF & SD2 files at 16 to 24 bits.  Interestingly, they expect it will also offer 44.1 to 192 kHz sample rate support (even though the site says 44.1-96).

FWIW, they don't think it's 'all that far away' ... whatever that means.  They've also suggested that whilst soundBlade the multichannel version (with the working title of .. I think ... studioX)is also on its way.

Kind regards,
Paul Blakey
12th & Vine Post

bobkatz

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2005, 11:12:34 AM »

bblackwood wrote on Sun, 18 December 2005 23:12

Honestly, I love Sequoia more than anything, but they refuse to even look at porting to OSX.

But the software has to be *that* good - I'm not about to switch platforms because of OS preference.

I don't blame them. It's a tremendous amount of work for a company with limited resources to maintain two platforms. And to go even further, to make the product work like a Mac product on the Mac and a PC product on the PC. Microsoft has done that quite successfully with their office suite, they have an entire Mac development team. But Digidesign has only partially succeeded with Pro Tools. There are no "right clicks' anywhere, and the program's Mac heritage shows with certain Gui operations on the PC that would not be intuitive to PC users. Imagine that even a company with Digi's resources can't get it right. So I'd rather see Magix put all their limited resources to perfecting Samplitude and Sequoia on the PC than to dive into a Mac version as well. If this were a high volume business and not a niche market I could see both versions.

BK
There are two kinds of fools,
One says-this is old and therefore good.
The other says-this is new and therefore better."

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of
electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

jfrigo

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2005, 01:38:43 AM »

bblackwood wrote on Sun, 18 December 2005 20:12

Honestly, I love Sequoia more than anything, but they refuse to even look at porting to OSX. If SoundBlade is as good as it has the potential to be (primarily meaning a bug-free release that works as it should), I might switch over here as I prefer OSX to XP all the way...

I may wait a few revs realistically, but it should be a real contender. The initial release will not do multitrack, hence no 5.1 at first. That comes later, but there will be an upgrade path. I think Soundblade will do 4 channels however. You get 4 panels for 4 point editing, and I think you'll be able to play all 4 at once if you want, though I'm not 100% certain. I occasionally use an extra pair of panels even for stereo work. Sometimes for a live album the client wants to bridge some gaps with some extra audience. Since the extra pair will be there in 'blade, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to play back in sync with the the first pair.

yeloocproducer

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 10:48:41 PM »

Does anybody know what the price point will be on this software, and/or if there will be an upgrade path from ddp to soundblade?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.