R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I can see your mom from here  (Read 1946 times)

cdr-1

I can see your mom from here
« on: December 14, 2005, 11:19:39 AM »

Hi Mr. Albini,

A tape of Gaunt's "I Can See Your Mom from Here" was about the second punk rock record I got my hands on. It was one of those records that sort of sent me down the path I am on now (Playing in punk rock bands, running a studio in Columbus).

I think the liners say "recorded by Steve in Chicago"

I've always been fascinated with the overall sound of it. It's very fuzzy without sounding muddy or anything. Not the typical lo-fi affair. The drums, guitars and vocals all have an indefinable quality that has always struck me. A lot of very well defined aural slop.

I'm glad you have this forum because. For 10 years or so I've wanted to get some nuts and bolts perspective on this record.

I've talked to Jerry and Jovan about it once or twice, Somebody had a ross distortion and somebody ran a big muff into the board. Past that, nobody knew exactly what was going on.

so, any information you can remember and care to type on the tape machine, the board, the pre amps, the mics, the mic placement would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
"Henceforth I shall suck the teat of the musical welfare state. I have become a DJ."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.