R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Koricki (sp?)  (Read 2411 times)

TotalSonic

Koricki (sp?)
« on: December 13, 2005, 03:33:52 PM »

This might be a bit OT - but figured it was worth asking here anyway ...

While recently on tour with the string quartet I'm in, travelling with and opening for the Rachel's, we had an off day and ended up everyone playing a massive game of Koricki - which has to be the most fun dice game I've ever played.

Jason Noble told me that he learned the rules for this off of all of you guys in Shellac - and that the members of Shellac are particularly vicious & sharp players of it.  

So - a few questions:
proper spelling of the name of the game?
what are its origins?
is there any site on the web info on it?
any greatest Koricki game stories?

Thanks in advance,
Steve Berson

electrical

Re: Koricki (sp?)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 04:14:13 PM »

TotalSonic wrote on Tue, 13 December 2005 15:33

While recently on tour with the string quartet I'm in, travelling with and opening for the Rachel's, we had an off day and ended up everyone playing a massive game of Koricki - which has to be the most fun dice game I've ever played.

Jason Noble told me that he learned the rules for this off of all of you guys in Shellac - and that the members of Shellac are particularly vicious & sharp players of it.

This is one of the nicest things about Kuriki (that's how I spell it, but it has no formal proper spelling that I know of). People learn it through the oral tradition. We (Shellac, my band) learned it from Fugazi, who learned it from Citizen Fish, and so on.

It is a terriffic game.

Quote:

So - a few questions:
proper spelling of the name of the game?

No official spelling. No official anything.
Quote:

what are its origins?

You'd have to trace it backwards from Citizen Fish, and I don't know how far back it goes from there.
Quote:

is there any site on the web info on it?

There is an introduction to Kuriki here.
Quote:

any greatest Koricki game stories?

There have been some marathon games, like the 19-handed 5-lifer at the Black Cat in DC, and the International Challenge Match at Touch and Go headquarters. The game is best experienced rather than remembered though.
best,

steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electrical dot com
www.electrical.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 17 queries.