R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: More Me Headphones Better than Sony's for Tracking?  (Read 6394 times)

guitar junkie

Re: More Me Headphones Better than Sony's for Tracking?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 01:29:40 AM »

Well i am just a dumb kid with a couple guitars and some recording gear. FIREPOD etc, etc i had a pair of Samson headphones from my early days that sounded great for $40 but... like Harvey said they break to fast Mad i mean mine had a nice box and i worked with them as best i could but the headband broke on them... so i gaff taped them back together! shoot what the devil would i keep a roll around for if not to tape together my newest pair of broken headphones Surprised
and so any way i wanted a nice set of phones that did not break, suck or cost my first born child (when i have one) so i had heard about these from someplace and Harvey was good enough to hook me up with a pair. i like them well enough and soon my band will order at least two more pair of them. i have a vintage pair of high end Koss phones that sound great nice range and are good and LOUD! but they are so friggin heavy and hard to wear that i use the More Me phones for a lot of it... what am i using the old Samsons for? why it makes a handy low/fi mic for crappy vocals Very Happy  

so when my band gets more money together we are making an order for a couple more sets. thanks Harvey!

compasspnt

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2005, 10:27:21 PM »

Well, I now have my 10 pair of MoreMe headphones, and I have to say I am impressed.  Are they Grado Reference Series 1's?  No.

But they are imminently listenable, and comfortably wearable.  I really like the fact that they don't have the sizzly highs like the Sony 06's; I personally hate that sound, especially so close to the ears.

I see no problem using these on any session.  So far, I've had no complaints from anyone.  (There are a couple of really big sessions coming up over the next few weeks, so that will be a heavy test.)

And the best thing is, they cost 20% of a pair of standard Sony/AKG/etc.

I will still keep a couple of pair of Sony's and AKG's around (at least the ones that haven't fallen apart yet), but these should fill in nicely.

Thanks, HG!

CAROne

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 11:03:46 PM »

We got 5 pair of these things earlier this year and have done everything but drive nails with them. That of course we save for the SM57's Laughing

They're still sounding good Harvey.

Cheers,
Dave
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Dave Opalecky
Crowass Recording
http://www.crowass.com
"No, it really did sound that way going in to the mic.  Don't blame me!"

tarmadilo

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2005, 12:37:43 AM »

I bought a pair a year and a half ago, used them a ton, and they're  still working just fine.  Thanks again, Harvey!

Cheers,

Tim Armstrong
http://www.moodswingers.org

sekim

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 11:48:23 PM »

Just got a pair of the basic model plus extension cable - definitely a good deal.  Nice mid's that cut, decent isolation, can get loud, built like a tank. They don't sound like my RH-5Ma's but are a great choice for tracking and price is unbeatable.  I'll buy more at some point, thanks Harvey!  BTW - very fast delivery too!

hargerst

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2005, 12:18:09 AM »

Thank you for that.  I'm excited that these little phones now reside in places like Southern Tracks, Compass Point, and Black Bird Studios, to name just a few of the really classy places.  And that people like Dave Martin and Bob Olhsson (and you) find them useful.
Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio

Jim Roberts

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2005, 12:36:47 AM »

Have to add a big thumbs up to the More Me's.

Got two pair from Harvey to get started and check them out.  They behave exactly as advertised and I find it hard to beat at anywhere near that pricepoint.  That plus the warranty and it's a no brainer.  Thanks Harvey for sourcing these.

Jim Roberts
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 19 queries.