R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WoMP III  (Read 15252 times)

Riccardo

Re: WoMP III (merged threads)
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2006, 01:58:39 PM »

Same problem here. Uploaded approx 50% and then dropped.
Won't even connect now  Sad

bblackwood

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2006, 02:10:30 PM »

Bob, did you read the first post in this thread?

As for the FTP, I just connected from here and uploaded a file with zero issues.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

bobkatz

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2006, 02:29:12 PM »

Brad asked me if I saw the first message in the thread (sticky) and I read it ages ago.
I'm replying to it now... it's a list of people who signed up. Has there been any other news, like a new message that would show up when I do "unread" as to the fact that it's "on" and where to get the source file and all?

I always enter the forum and choose "unread", so I figured I'd see any news. Now I see posts from people who are uploading data to Brad's server, so I figure I've missed something somehow, somewhere?

Bob (in outer space) Katz

oops... restudying the message I see a link to get the file. Has this link always been attached to that message or did I miss it, or did Brad edit the message and add the link?

Bob (still in outer space) Katz
There are two kinds of fools,
One says-this is old and therefore good.
The other says-this is new and therefore better."

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of
electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

bblackwood

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2006, 02:35:55 PM »

Did you really go back and read it, Bob? Here the very first paragraph from the post:
Quote:

The following is the list of folks who signed up for WoMP III. If your name is on this list, please email this address and you will receive a reply with the link to the file: womp@euphonicmasters.com
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

chrisj

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2006, 03:33:17 PM »

Riccardo, are you a broadband guy (like most of the forum) or on dialup?

We have to pipe in TV up here in Vermont and we bring daylight here in those little glass bottles that we then fill with maple syrup and hock to all and sundry when we're not pouring it over hapless victims' music Wink so broadband? What's that?

Seriously, Otek has been teasing me about still being on dialup. Always seemed to be something more important to budget for- but that could be it, as Brad's sever (typo- should be server, but to me it's a sever) cuts me off a certain amount of time into the upload.

Just the other day I uploaded an equally large file to Team Transmission's site so it's not that. None of the other CAPE teams posed a problem either. I'm guessing it's the server not wanting to sully itself with techno Luddites, and giving me a connection timeout. It's certainly a custom setup as it won't let me supersede the file- presumably a security measure so nobody can sneakily interfere with your files when you've sent them to Brad. You can't list the files either.

Any pitiful old MODEM users manage to upload anything to the site? Or modem Brad clients who've done other projects?

Riccardo

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2006, 05:48:42 PM »

Yes Chris, ADSL I tried a few times and managed to upload the file.
The other attempsts might still be there. The correct one is Riccardo Velvet Room WoMP III A.wav just in case.......

Dial up should be ok anyway, maybe slower but still ok.

bobkatz

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2006, 11:45:36 AM »

bblackwood wrote on Sun, 01 January 2006 14:10

Bob, did you read the first post in this thread?

As for the FTP, I just connected from here and uploaded a file with zero issues.

I'm sorry, I cannot find the information on the FTP upload address. I see that Chis J. has had some difficulty, so somehow he got the address, as did millions of others, so I'm just blind. Please excuse my inability to find the message. Finding messages in this board has often been hit or miss for me.

Am I the only one who has trouble using the threaded mode of this board? It does not permit you to easily navigate within a thread, but requires you to go back to the master list, or click on a link ("message #XXX is a reply to message #YYY) that lets you go backwards but not (as in many other message boards) backwards/forwards within a thread when you are reading a message.

I just changed my profile to "tree view and flat view of messages" and I see below this text box all of the messages expanded.... Hooray... let me see if it remains so when I press submit. NO, IT DOES NOT. I HAVE TO go back into "edit message" mode and then below it I see the contents of all the messages of the tree. That would be a more ergonomic way of skimming message contents when one has missed a message. How can I go into that display without going into EDIT mode?

Viitalahde

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2006, 11:57:52 AM »

bobkatz wrote on Mon, 02 January 2006 16:45

I'm sorry, I cannot find the information on the FTP upload address.

Well, at least I got it as e-mail, as well as the location of the WoMP source file. They're not in this thread.

Did you email womp@euphonicmasters.com?

Brad, how's your FTP server done BTW? Do you have your own or did you buy the service somewhere?
Jaakko Viitalähde
Virtalähde Mastering, Kuhmoinen/Finland
http://www.virtalahde.com
   http://www.facebook.com/pages/Helsinki-Finland/Virtalahde-Ma stering/278311633180

bblackwood

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2006, 01:14:04 PM »

Viitalahde wrote on Mon, 02 January 2006 10:57

Brad, how's your FTP server done BTW? Do you have your own or did you buy the service somewhere?

Works a treat. Built our own after upgrading our connection and has been rock solid. Fast, secure, and redundant. Love it.

Bob, check your email for the FTP info. As for reading in flat mode, you choose how you view by default in your user profile...
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

bobkatz

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2006, 04:48:47 PM »

bblackwood wrote on Mon, 02 January 2006 13:14

Viitalahde wrote on Mon, 02 January 2006 10:57

Works a treat. Built our own after upgrading our connection and has been rock solid. Fast, secure, and redundant. Love it.

Bob, check your email for the FTP info. As for reading in flat mode, you choose how you view by default in your user profile...

I just got the email for the upload info. Thank you wompmaster!

As for flat mode, I'll try it again, but basically I only see the content of messages in the thread if I'm in a dialogue box entering text. Otherwise it's just headers.

ammitsboel

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2006, 05:38:25 PM »

When is the deadline?
"The male brain is designed for ecstasy" -Dr. Harvey "Gizmo" Rosenberg

OTR-jkl

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2006, 10:35:46 PM »

ammitsboel wrote on Mon, 02 January 2006 16:38

When is the deadline?

From one of the first posts in this thread:
Quote:

I'm going to set the deadline to receive the masters back as Saturday, January 7th, 2006.
J Lowes · OTR Mastering
Professional Audio Production for Life
www.ShoutLife.com/OTRMastering

bblackwood

Re: WoMP III
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2006, 11:01:36 PM »

WOULD EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED?

Thanks,
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

nmw

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2006, 09:02:56 PM »

may seem a little bit late but do you want some form of standardized file naming structure for submission of files over ftp?

it could save a lot of hassles sorting through them

bblackwood

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2006, 09:10:38 PM »

Nope, just include your name in the track title...
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 19 queries.