R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: 80-200Hz fatness?  (Read 16073 times)

Ben F

Re: 80-200Hz fatness?
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2006, 06:51:23 PM »

Hi lagerfeldt

I do a lot of electronic music and have found cutting the low end and notching out problem frequencies with a precision EQ (such as weiss) and then adding some grunt in the low end with an API or Massivo works well. The Massive Passive is beautiful in the 68Hz-220Hz range.

This is followed by a tube compressor generally with a HPF in the side chain, because they just can't compress the low end without effecting the high frequencies. You may be suprised to hear the best results so far have been achieved using the Tube-tech multi-band. I don't know where you heard it had a bad reputation. We're talking electronic music here not rock or jazz...so the negative effects of using mult-band aren't as noticeable. There are separate attack/release times for each band. I only wish they made a dentented switch 2-band version, that would be perfect. You should trial one yourself.

ATOR

Re: 80-200Hz fatness?
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2006, 07:44:21 AM »

What I do when I get a dance or hiphop track with a weak clean kick/bass is to make a parallel chain with just the low end and compress and EQ it like crazy. Then add this to taste to the mix.

This way you can really beef up the low end with a crazy amount of processing without harming the low end punch and the rest of the track.
Pieter Vincenten - ATORmastering
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.645 seconds with 21 queries.