R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: so my MD player broke...  (Read 1848 times)

kukrisna

so my MD player broke...
« on: December 03, 2005, 10:46:31 PM »

hey all - new here

anyway my MD player recently broke, so I've been recording to a laptop lately except the inputs suck

i was thinking maybe I could get an Echo Indigo IO but then the inputs will be just line inputs, fine, but that means i sort of need a preamp

however, the only mics i have are the sony ecm-ms907 - made for MD/DAT stuff and it's output is a stereo 1/8" output - and an audix cd11 (which i never used b/c i had a MD)

so i did some google-ing and found some preamps that were made for preamping stereo mics to devices without mic-inputs but they're all sort of...pricey - there are other preamps that are great price-wise but for balanced inputs and stuff - like that ART MicroMix or the Behringer MIC100 ULTRAGAIN PRO - but they only take balanced inputs and since i have a stereo input i dont think that will work too well

any suggestions on what to do?

i mean i guess i could always record to line in and use software to increase the final volume but that seems sketch

so yeah i have like 5 other options too:

1) buy another MD player (but having worked with them i dont really like them all that much)

2) i could also go with a mixer but i'd like something more portable

3) i also saw that the Audigy2zs card has "mic in" though i dont know how good it is - like would it be on par with the MD or just another crappy on board-ish mic-in or are they relatively the same? haha...

4) Griffin iMic

5) Edirol UA-1EX

no idea how the last two are

budget = $200
mics owned: sony ecm-ms907 (electret condenser - stereo - 1.8" plug); and audix cd11 (XLR)

and i guess these could work with the Echo Indigo so that could be like a 6th option?

what should i do...? i know im new but i would really appreciate any help i can get - thanks   Smile

t(h)ik

Re: so my MD player broke...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 05:35:47 AM »

http://www.equipmentemporium.com/tascam_usb_us-122_interface .htm

http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/6520/2349/?SQ=7 66ec2c05a1c78008b1275bf0cab6e97

ATTENTION HAMMERS!!!

If any of you guy that are in the business read this please let me know if I should stop recommending this piece of sh(gear)it to newbies.  Since I do it on the web and in person....

If I had the cash I would try it myself...lol...

lemme nough

tik
I used to be self effacing, but I couldn't even do that right....
www.pmtstudios.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.