R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gigastudio/Home Production Studio Setup  (Read 1909 times)

osakhaled

Gigastudio/Home Production Studio Setup
« on: November 30, 2005, 10:13:36 AM »

Hi everybody, It's my first participation in the forum, and I have a question for the expert guys out there (I need an urgent help) in Production home studio setup.

I have 2 Pc 's with a horse power, Roland VA-7 keybord, Powered Phonic monitors, Rode K2 mic, Shure SM58, some guitars..

I need to setup my studio so I can get out 8 digital ch from my gigastudio machine @ 192kHz (No ins in this machine) to my Sonar 5 PE machine to be recorded in separate 8 trks through 8 x digital ins @192kHz, while the interface in my Sonar machine can handle 192kHz analog ins (2 high quality preamps, keyboard line in + Hi -Z for guitars), and apple to mix down in a DVD audio surround format
I am sorry it seams that it's a big question but I think many of you out there can easy think of it as a common setup for Gigastudio users.

By the way I am a one man show, which it means I am recording everything alone, and need a stereo micking recording for my vocal track and my acoustic guitar.

Can anybody help me quick to select a two audio interfaces to handle this configuration with a clear 192kHz converters and Preamps.

an immediate reply will be highly appreciated cause I am intending to order the audio interfaces as soon as I can decide.

Thanks and sorry if there is mistakes in my none English native language.

Dr.Khaled
Egypt.

carlos jaramillo

Re: Gigastudio/Home Production Studio Setup
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 04:19:05 PM »

do you have any sync for both machines? then it is easy, or go analog to digital. I reallly dont know if you need it live, or can do overdubs, is it for show?...then you r stuck.

the other thing is to use DI ´s. for those out of impedance extra ins you have.thou they are not up to 8 ins!!!!!

just some thoughts, i really just wanted to help, but don t really know your machines that well.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.