R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll:Mixerman's 3 file request .Is there severe bass loss in any of these?If so,pick which one it is  (Read 32340 times)

John Ivan

OK, this is what I hear,

#12 is the tape. At least I hope it's the tape because I don't see how dumping to a digital format could bring space back around the drum kit. This file seems to have the right amount of bottom,in that, when the drummer hits the floor tom, I can tell it's a lower pitch. I can barely make that out in the other two files. I can hear the image of the kit better also.

#11. It sounds strange up top to me{like a filter} and the drums don't sing as good. Also, when the band lands on the b flat and the guitars go nut's, it sound's like something sags,or it empties out . It's like there's a compressor on the bass and I can hear it working. Or, audio amps can't keep up.. I don't know.

#10. It sounds a whole lot like 11 except, it sags worse after the change. The EQ filter thingy is present again. I think this whole sag thing is a "change" in tha bass guitar I'm hearing. For instance, the snare sounds the same on both digital files to me.

The biggest difference I hear is in how they image. The kit sounds right to me on 12 and the other two files sound like they collapse a bit and cheap high shelving EQ was used or something..

There is a guitar in the intro moving from a c to an e flat a few times before the change. This is down in the mid end and is slightly harder to hear on #12. to me.

Well, that's my 2 cents. and I'll have to live with it. I could be wrong, that's for damn sure. FWIW, they sound less different than I thought they might.

I wish something with real long low end was used. And I wish the low end was clean too. There ain't much bottom on the music to begin with.

EDIT: I thought I might ad that, I would not call the differences, Lopped off bottom end and in fact, the perceived lack of bottom,{small as it is,} could be a slight raise in the mid band os something. .

It could be that something was wrong with the rig when this happens to people?? I don't know. But,no drastic drop in bottom. Period.

Ivan.........................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Fletcher

Ron Steele wrote on Sat, 26 November 2005 12:09

The real file names of 1-12 will be released on Wednesday by Azuolas.

I think I will shut down this poll, either today or tomorrow. The results have been consistent and clear through out.

I hope Azoulas can wait another day... I had to pick the kid up from school today and the ol' lady is working late.  I'm going to try to get back to the office to take a listen later tonight but can't say for sure that it will be possible.

[I'm not going to peek at page 10 just in case the results have already been posted... I hope you boys are playing nicely]
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Ron Steele

I spoke with Azuolas today to see when he was going to post.

He will post the correct file names after 7pm Chicago time.

Just don't look until after you listen.
 "I have had PLENTY of my posts torched on other boards. It kind of goes with the territory of pushing the envelope. Their house, their rules. Why can't everyone GET this?"

zmix

I was going to pass on this one, but when I saw what a diverse response this test has generated I had to give a listen at least.. . Do we all hear things so incredibly differently?

I hear #10 as the thinnest and 11 and 12 respectively have substantially more of what sounds like 160hz in them, 12 becoming nearly woofy sounding.

Can't wait to learn the results.

RKrizman

Did somebody post the results somewhere?

-R

Level

Someone is "fashsonabally" late.

Damn near 1000 people were waiting in the wings at around 7PM as well. Screw it, I have an out of town session anyway.

(notice the number on line in the attachment below)
http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

azuolas

Hello,
I appologise for posting the results later than promised. I was working in session that wrapped 15 minutes ago.
Thanks for your patience!
Azuolas

Level

http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 33 queries.