R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Studer A810 Speaker Pinout Anyone?  (Read 3460 times)

Hyvoltage

Studer A810 Speaker Pinout Anyone?
« on: January 09, 2005, 04:26:53 AM »

Hello All-

Does anyone have the pinout for the 16-pin molex of a Studer A810 speaker unit?

I sometimes do vocal ride mixing on the mono speaker of a studer 1/2". I recently got ahold of just the speaker unit out of a Studer A810. I hope to box the speaker, ad a power suply and xlr connector to make it a portable "active" speaker similar to an aurotone to use as an extra mono speaker in mixing.

I need the pinout to find the audio input and power pins /specs.

Any help appreciated.

Thanx,

Hyvoltage
b2bbiz@hotmail.com

Geoff Doane

Re: Studer A810 Speaker Pinout Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 07:06:08 PM »

Assuming you have the monitor unit that mounted in the meter bridge (1.810.345) and not the one that mounted behind the front panel in the portable models, here's what the manual says:

+15V on pin 5
-15V on pin 6
CH 1 input audio on pin 16
CH 2 input audio on pin 9
CH 1 repro audio on pin 14
CH 2 repro audio on pin 7
pin 1 connected to pin 2 (and nothing else)
pin 3 connected to pin 4 (and nothing else)

all other pins are connected to ground

The ribbon cable numbering starts from the middle of the board (upper pin, when module is mounted in the bridge).

Let me know if this works OK.

Geoff Doane

Hyvoltage

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 11:09:15 PM »

I'm not sure which model it came out of. The board is 1.810.721.81 if that helps. Do you think the voltage pins might be different? or should I try wiring it that way?

Thanks a ton!

Hyvoltage
b2bbiz@hotmail.com

Geoff Doane

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 08:41:07 AM »

1.810.721.81 is the part number for the board.  The complete assembly is 1.810.345.81, so it looks like we're on the same page.  The module I just looked at has a captive ribbon cable to the connector.  The red wire of the ribbon is pin 1, and the others just follow from there.

If you want to double-check the power supply pins, check for continuity from pin 5 (+15V) to pin 8 of ICs 2 and 3, and also from pin 6 (-15V) to pin 4 of ICs 2 and 3.  This will ensure you don't blow anything up, but it appears that there is only one version of this module. (There are a couple different versions of the PC board, but I can't see what the changes are, and the input connector pinout remains the same.)

BTW, the audio inputs are only unbalanced, so you may want to add a transformer, or take special precautions with whatever you hook it up to.

Geoff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 19 queries.