R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did Panasonic ever make good mix boards?  (Read 1874 times)

trebor_zaid

Did Panasonic ever make good mix boards?
« on: September 06, 2005, 05:20:33 PM »

Hello,
  I am currently looking for a board. I would like an Amek TAC Scorp, or Bullet, a Soundtracs Topaz or Soundcraft 200B. Since I can't find any of these Mad , I see on Ebay many Panasonic boards from the 70's on through the 90's. Did Panasonic ever make any boards worth a damn? Also, what about Crest Audio, how about them? Thanks!!

Fig

Re: Did Panasonic ever make good mix boards?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 12:48:18 PM »

Panasonic, eh?

They made many audio products under the RAMSA brand name.

Ramsa mixing consoles are/were workhorses for live sound -- or used to be in the 80s and 90s.  WR-series and whatnot.  Pretty decent monitor consoles, too - what was it? -- the 840?  Can't recall (no pun!).

Recently Panasonic made a splash with their digital mixer the DA7:  http://www.da7.com/

Crest Audio made (and still makes, though owned by Peavey now - NTTAWWT) fine consoles.  But again, mostly intended for live sound.  For mixing monitors, I always enjoyed the VX series.  I currently own an XR-20 and LOVE it!

What is your application?

I'm surprised you cannot locate a 200B.

Osci-later,

Fig

The easiest thing to do is the thing most easily forgotten.

Invisible Member

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 01:04:55 PM »

I've using a WR-T820B for a number years.

40 input (A/B mix) Direct out with tape returns, inserts on all 20 channels, 48V phantom non-global.  

Mainly it's for 16 track recording and mixing, definitely not a live board. Decent quality and pretty heavy duty the sound is pretty good although the eq is weak. These are hard to find in good condition for a reasonable price. I see 200B's way more often.

The "B" model has better faders and they changed the label on one of the outputs. Internal 80 watt PSU sucks when you work the console because the heat is right there.

Peace,
Dennis

Trumpetman2

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 10:34:37 AM »

I have a 16 channel old RAMSA and I love it!  Far better than Mackie and similar low-end models...bought it used and had it refurbished.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 23 queries.