R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Locking Sam & DA-88's??  (Read 2638 times)

John Ivan

Locking Sam & DA-88's??
« on: August 29, 2005, 10:52:15 AM »

Hi all,

I have in the past, locked My Da-88's to Cake Walk Pro Audio 9 ,using the DTRS machines as the master. I have the Sync card for these machines and I would send Time Code to the software and would send the Word Clock from the DA'88s to my Layla card. This worked fine.

This time around,I'll be using Cubase SX and Samplitude and would like to use the computer as the Master instead of the DA-88's. The reason for this is I will be sitting in front of the computer and would like to be able to use MMC to start and stop the whole mess. I will also be starting projects in the software and "adding" the DA88's for more tracks to land on the console.

I will send the word clock to the DA-88's along with Time code for address.

My question is as follows.. Is there any down side to using the computer as the master? Is there any reason this is the wrong way to do this on it's face? I still need to look at whether the DA-88's auto terminate and if not, I will do this manually?

Any comments would be great.

Thanks much

Ivan.............
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

John Ivan

Re: Locking Sam & DA-88's??
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 09:50:07 PM »

Well, for what it's worth. I ended up skipping the 30 fram and syncing the DA-88's with Midi Time code derived from the Absolute Time code on the tape and shipped off to the software via my Layla Midi Inputs. I am using the DA'88's as the Master for both the MTC and Word.  I have also achieved MMC so I don't have to deal with more than one transport at a time.

This is no thanks to the Tascam Manuals though. Useless.

It all locks up great though...

"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 16 queries.