R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auditronics 700 series any info?  (Read 3756 times)

XM Mike

Auditronics 700 series any info?
« on: August 24, 2005, 10:09:51 PM »

Okay anyone with any info, I am new and young to this having only worked with a few boards, I got the chance to buy an auditronics 700 series. I have not seen it yet and of course will go, please excuse any awful spelling as I don’t really know the correct spelling of some of the components.

Auditronics 700 series (one used on a sound engineering truck similar to Sheffield)
701 channel strips (36 of them) they are penny and geiles  (spelling) fader modules
703 bus assign modules
9 vca groups
2 foldback 4 echo sends
All individually assignable to fader pre post monitor

The pre amps are made by valley peoples trans amps

Any information any one has would be greatly appreciated. I cant really find any thus far.

Thanks
Mike V. Nelson
XM Satellite Radio
www.Moabmetal.com

jnm3551

Re: Auditronics 700 series any info?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 07:39:55 PM »

I have an Auditronics 740
did you get that one?
I have the manual
let me know
Jim

trebor_zaid

Re: Auditronics 700 series any info?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 10:55:13 PM »

From what I hear everything Auditronics made was state of the art, hand built by engineers who LOVED what they did.

Complex board to learn yes, and, if it breaks, well, Auditronics isn't in business anymore so parts will be a bitch!

But that being said, an amazing piece of equipment. Made here in Memphis at the time of their hay-day, a voice talent I work work with knew one of the dudes behind the company back in the late-late 60's through the 70's. The board is outstanding in sound! Compared to Neve and SSL easily.

I would snatch it up quickly, and take it to the nearest pro electronic shop to give it a once over, and hopefully, get it refurbished.

Even if it is broken beyond repair, you can still strip it down and sell the strips on Ebay for like $100 a channel.

Feet Kick ASS!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 16 queries.