R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing capacitor values ?  (Read 1333 times)

Revolution

Replacing capacitor values ?
« on: July 13, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »

Hi guys some general advice on this would be great.

Have been re capping some of my older pieces of gear with good results mostly the old electrolytic with newer audio grade ones (elna and Nichicon) but have been playing it safe using the exact type and values unless advised of better alternatives.

Now I find a situation where I have found schematics of my beloved U87i only to realise that after opening it up some values are not as stated on schematic??.

So my question is what effects do different capacitor values have .2 values in us u87 are different one higher (C5 is 330p instead of 220p) one lower (C5 .015 for .033u). Does this even things up??.

Also capacitor types I here Polypropylene is very good but is it just taste or are there other things to consider.
Confused

J.J. Blair

Re: Replacing capacitor values ?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 10:46:25 PM »

You should ask this in Klaus's forum.  I bet you will get great responses in there.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Revolution

Re: Replacing capacitor values ?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 11:38:09 PM »

Done !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 16 queries.