R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rip MiniDisc?  (Read 3975 times)

1DonM

Rip MiniDisc?
« on: July 10, 2005, 07:39:18 PM »

All:
I do on-location classical recordings for a local NPR affiliate.  I've been using a Sony MiniDisc for backstage interviews and in-house walk around environmental sounds.  It's been a very useful tool over the years.  Does anyone know of a way to rip the audio rather than real-time transfer as I've been doing for a while now?

Thanks in advance.

-D
---------------------------------------------
Novare - Professional Sound Design
On-Location Classical Music Production

AndreasN

Re: Rip MiniDisc?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 01:18:57 PM »

The new USB MD's are software restricted not to allow uploads from the MD to the 'puter. Think there's workarounds for this Sony imposed limitation on the net.

Third party offers are probably better. Googled and found: http://www.esdl.co.uk/body/mdte/mdte.htm through this forum: http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/1/92.html

Andreas

1DonM

Re: Rip MiniDisc?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 07:04:32 AM »

Andreas:
Thank you for your reply.  I did not know anything about MD external data drives. I have asked a bunch of people and you are the first to point me in that direction.  It looks like the combination of the external MD drive and the software from the UK company you mentioned would do the trick.  I have now hit a brickwall trying to find one of the external MD drives.  Ugh!

Anybody know where I can get one?

-D
---------------------------------------------
Novare - Professional Sound Design
On-Location Classical Music Production
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.