R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A BEST audio recording program?  (Read 13026 times)

Cheecher

Re: A BEST audio recording program?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2005, 06:13:08 PM »

Well, I tried the whole slide the audio around to compensate for the delay, and honestly I did not notice any improvement on final mix.
So the past year or so I have been mixing all of the music tracks down to 2 track straight out of the RADAR through the mackie with minimal processing. I have a couple of Compressors for Kick, and Snare and I use the EQ off of the mackie, and a cheap outboard Reverb unit. Any automation is done with a few practice runs through the mix, and I do it manually.  
Anyway, I do all of that because honestly it just sound better than any mix I could do in PT LE. So maybe its not PDC that I cant live without maybe its just whats happening to my mixes in PT LE, but I have to end up using a DAW because lets face it I can not afford a board with automation and the outboard equipment etc etc.
Im no golden ears, but I hear a significant difference between mixing in LE vs my current method. So I am just looking for some suggestions for a new platform who's quality would be a cut above LE. I have no problem getting around the 32 track count, and I don't use a tremendous amount of plug ins, the main thing I am looking for is a program that I can mix in that sounds decent, and I can save my mixes. I guess when I say decent, I mean GREAT, but im not sure there are any DAWS that just sound great.

Anyway, I plan on continuing to track to RADAR, and transferring the files to the DAW of choice,  but I want to have some decent output converters so I can basically send sub mixes out of the DAW to analog summing, and final 2 track back to RADAR.

Im thinking a card that has some ADAT outputs to go straight back to the RADAR's ADAT inputs, to benefit from my RADARS converters to get to the analog summing.  

Does that make any sense?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for the feed back guys.

maxim

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2005, 06:27:58 PM »

dp

Mr.Dingo

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2005, 09:39:41 AM »

www.sawstudio.com Best I've used so far including logic, DP samplitude, protools.

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 11:17:12 AM »

Audacity, nuff said. Very Happy
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 17 queries.