R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: focusrite ISA 430 AD dosn't sync at 96 k to HD192  (Read 2923 times)

apoll

focusrite ISA 430 AD dosn't sync at 96 k to HD192
« on: June 21, 2005, 12:10:47 PM »

Hi everyone

It's great for me to discover this forum...excellent and valuable knowledge base.

I have the following problem:

Using PT HD2 accel with 192, 888/24, and Big Ben as clock I can record digital from FF ISA 430 AD at 44.1K but it will not work at 96K.
The meter on the HD192 goes up to red the moment I select that sample rate. The legacy unit is turned off an I select ext. on the FF and send sync from BB. The termination light is on (green) on the FF unit's port in BB.
I have tried super clock with no luck. The manual says that the sync light should be on for ext. sync but not for super clock  although it never has. I use good bnc cable.
Before using BB I used to have digital clicks( noise)from the FF but now that problem is gone at 44.1. Since upgrading to HD an recording to 96k I cannot use the digital AD from the FF.
Has anyone encountered this problem?
(the ff site doesn't have a link for on line support or by topic for this unit)
best to all
Andres

Loco

Re: focusrite ISA 430 AD dosn't sync at 96 k to HD192
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 02:25:16 PM »

Just set it to External and let the BB to determine the sample rate of the system.

And never ever use superclock.
Carlos "El Loco" Bedoya

"There's no right, there's no wrong. There's only popular opinion"   Jeffrey Goines
http://www.tukanart.com

apoll

Re: focusrite ISA 430 AD doesn't sync at 96 k to HD192
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 07:44:31 PM »

I  tried that but I have to choose the sample rate with the button on the ISA manually, it does not recognize the sample rate with the clock it's getting from BB. Could my AD card in the FF ISA be connected wrongly?  

Loco

Re: focusrite ISA 430 AD doesn't sync at 96 k to HD192
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 10:54:00 PM »

andrespoll wrote on Tue, 21 June 2005 19:44

I  tried that but I have to choose the sample rate with the button on the ISA manually, it does not recognize the sample rate with the clock it's getting from BB. Could my AD card in the FF ISA be connected wrongly?  

Probably something was not set properly when installed. Check the installation manual to see if one of the rear switches is not properly set.
Carlos "El Loco" Bedoya

"There's no right, there's no wrong. There's only popular opinion"   Jeffrey Goines
http://www.tukanart.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.