R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital audio recording--Media storage question  (Read 1712 times)

Tha Sun God

Digital audio recording--Media storage question
« on: June 21, 2005, 02:11:34 AM »

Helloeeeeee... i dunno if this is the appropriate thread to set this text in but i'm concerned about something regarding capturing Audio/video (either or) onto a device besides my VCR.

I'm a music Producer who samples, sometimes i sample from television,various things, but i have regular cable service (not digital cable) which consists of 76 standard channels and the cable is routed from my TV to my VCR, which is connected to my Reciever so i can get surround sound. off topic but anyways, when i want to sample, i just record the source from tv onto a VHS, i use hi quality tapes...this audio data is then transferred into my Computer with quality gear, but the VCR isnt hi quality at all (results in poor distorted audio). I have no money for digital cable nor Satallite services, but is there a device that can i store these Audio Signals on besides a Music Sampler? i'd like to know.... OOOOOO i got it! somethin synonymous to a DVR those devices that i see on tv. i herd they record shows... and with that recording digitally i can ripp the audio from a device like that, which would be pristine..

so any Devices in mind? or would i have to order Digital cable which i wont be able to do.

Peace n thanks for the input. Embarassed

Loco

Re: Digital audio recording--Media storage question
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 09:56:49 AM »

There are a bunch of DVR with DVD burners built in. Check HomeTheaterMag.com for more info.... or go to Barnes and Noble and try to get the June issue (July is already out) where they feature 10 new DVRs with DVD burners. There's one with 160 GB HD for $400 and apparently you don't need to subscribe to a service, just an internet connection.
Carlos "El Loco" Bedoya

"There's no right, there's no wrong. There's only popular opinion"   Jeffrey Goines
http://www.tukanart.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 16 queries.