R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "In Sync"(long)  (Read 1725 times)

Bill Gruber

"In Sync"(long)
« on: May 04, 2005, 10:13:11 AM »

Hello all,

Ok, here's the situation, I'm was recording live to tape. which consisted of 32 channels of audio mixed live to 2 channel stereo. The stereo feed was recorded with a video signal fed from a switcher. no sync problems.  Now, they want the audio multi tracked and synced to video. My question is how is this accomplished??? I am recording in Nuendo and have the ability to lay down a sync track. Should I send the same sync signal to the switcher?(some kind of Panasonic switcher) and record the sync track with the video? How do you export the sync track with the audio to keep it in time.  I'm recording at 48/24 synced to  29.97DF, the video comes out of the switch at 30 frames and is then ingested into Adobe Premier(soon to be Avid) at 29.97DF.
So do I record at 30 frames for the switcher and pull down the audio or 29.97 for the final speed? Ok that's probably enough questions for now(LOL)

Thank you,
Bill Gruber
The more I learn.....The less I know

Tim Halligan

Re: "In Sync"(long)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 06:25:30 PM »

Most DAW's these days will let you change frame rate with no sync penalty, because their "internal" sync is actually counting samples from 0:00:00.

As soon as you are locked to the viz, change your frame rate to match and you should be golden.

Obviously, if your multi was running wild, you'll have to shift the whole show to match pics.

Cheers,
Tim

***Caveat: I'm not a Nuendo user, but it should be able to cope with this...
"Don't forget, we are all engaged in a battle to the death against mediocrity." - J. Whynot

"You can tune a room only with a bulldozer." - Andy Peters
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 18 queries.