R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I HAVE REMEMBERED THESE THINGS BEFORE  (Read 13484 times)

WALLA

I HAVE REMEMBERED THESE THINGS BEFORE
« on: April 20, 2005, 11:25:19 AM »

Big apologies, it's been weeks.  I'm aware.  Flay me at will.

There have been some terrible technical problems I've been sorting out in regards to the new DCfC record.  Most notable is the one where I blew up the left side of the mix buss in my old Quad Eight Ventura, and have been forced into using a dbx 166A as both master fader and studio volume control.  It's rough.  

Another is that only 27 of the 36 channels in my console are actually functioning right now.  This is a direct result of my dual careers:  If I were in the studio full time, or depending on my studio to do more for me than break even, I'd never let it get to this.  But as it is, I'm on band time for about eight months out of the year; the time I spend in the studio is often just getting by.  It tends to slide, slide away.  

Were this a 24 track record, the limited channels wouldn't be a problem...  but we're into 48 tracks now.  I had 25 - 48 submixed through a Roland line mixer (the one with the knobs, not the faders) and returning to 26 and 27 on the Quad Eight.

So we left the Hall of Justice and we're finishing tracking at Avast!.  Avast! is Stuart Hallerman's studio just up the street.  Years ago, the building I'm in (the current Hall) and Avast! were sister studios.  The difference these days is that Avast! still works properly.

More soon.  
[listen]

djui5

Re: I HAVE REMEMBERED THESE THINGS BEFORE
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 02:51:07 PM »

WALLA wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 09:25

Big apologies, it's been weeks.  I'm aware.  Flay me at will.

There have been some terrible technical problems I've been sorting out in regards to the new DCfC record.  Most notable is the one where I blew up the left side of the mix buss in my old Quad Eight Ventura, and have been forced into using a dbx 166A as both master fader and studio volume control.  It's rough.

Wow that sucks. Nice work around though Smile
Morale of the day? Stop looking at what you're hearing.
yngve hoeyland 07'

Randy Wright
Mix Engineer
Mesa, Arizona

recorderman

Re: I HAVE REMEMBERED THESE THINGS BEFORE
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 10:28:30 AM »

too bad..but that's how we make records these days isn't it? Best of luck and light a stick of Nagchampa (spelling) to the gods.  I've been using amplifier pots for monitor gain as of late so I can relate.
 Again, good luck on the 'cord.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.