R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shakira; in your words?  (Read 5693 times)

Reitzas

Shakira; in your words?
« on: March 16, 2005, 02:46:47 AM »

Hi Terry,

Thanks for all the stories and advice.  When I met you I didn't realize all the great projects you had done or perhaps I was just distracted by the "comlexities" of the project I was on.  I must say that the way you, Sherry and Osie treated me and my assistant was outstanding. You guys run an amazing place and I thank you for your hospitality.  I loved staying in that room upstairs and I really have fond memories of hanging up there and listening to Jeff Buckley in between the madness.  Obviously I'm referring to the one and only Shakira.  You are held high in my eyes for being able to get through that one.  I thought all my years with Barbra would have trained me for someone like her but I must say it was one of the biggest tests of patience I can remember.  How did you do it?  I would never say anything bad about her but I am curious if you experienced any difficult moments that you'd like to share.  Forgive me if you have mentioned this elsewhere.  Anyway, give my best to Sherry and Osie and I'll try to chime in on some of your threads.

Be well,
Dave Reitzas
www.reitzas.com

compasspnt

Re: Shakira; in your words?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 04:23:01 PM »

Hello Dave!

Good to hear from you.  Everyone here says hello.

Your question is certainly a loaded one.  I have discussed Shakira very briefly in a thread or two, mostly concerning the drums by Abe L., Jr.

Every session has it's challenges, and some much more so than others.

I will say that Shakira is a very talented young lady; she has a lot of ideas, and likes to try every one of them her way.  As she is the artist, and in effect is paying the bills, that is her choice to make.  Of course, that doesn't always make it easy for those of us trying to carry out her wishes, though.

I will also say that those tracking session were among the hardest and longest that I've ever been associated with.  Every morning when I woke up I literally felt like I had been hit head on by a Mack truck the day before.  The vocal sessions later were almost as hard.  There were many predictions by some involved that the album would never be finished.  However it finally was, and has sold over 12 million copies already, so I guess somebody did something right, whatever it may have taken to get there.

I would love to write a few nice stories about some of the many incidents while making this album.  Perhaps I will in the next week or so.

But for now, we're all still here; none of our sessions has killed us yet!  (And I worked with Shaki recently on some tracks en espa

Reitzas

Re: Shakira; in your words?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 03:34:08 AM »

Thanks Terry for your answer.  Sorry to put you on the spot.  It is actually a relief to know that it wasn't just my sessions that were wearing and tearing.  I'm sure you have some great stories about the good times, especially with Tim and Brendan.  Yeah, you are so right about serving the needs of the Artist under any circumstances.  I hope one day to come back and work with you guys again.
Best,
Dave Reitzas
www.reitzas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 20 queries.