R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help: RME HDSP 9652 Card is changing S. R. all on it's own.  (Read 1233 times)

Keyplayer

Help: RME HDSP 9652 Card is changing S. R. all on it's own.
« on: February 26, 2005, 11:13:16 AM »

I've been trying to get comfortable working on Nuendo 3 by remixing an older song from Nuendo 2. Nuendo is getting clock from a Big Ben, through an Apogee 75ohm bnc cable, as is my DA7 desk. This particular file was recorded at 48K.

On initial setup, everything works just fine. But when I attempted to look something up in the HTML onboard manual, I got a digital burst. These burst only occur when the sample rates don't match. Since the hardware obviously didn't change, that left the soundcard. Sure enough, the 9652 card had switched to 44K all by itself! Now I've accepted that I have to be sure that all 4 components (Big Ben, N3, DA7, & GS3) all have to match before I turn my speakers on. But this jumping rates on it's own doesn't make sense. I also get these bursts whenever I open folders on my desktop. I'm not even doing anything requiring audio and I can still see the led's jump whenever I open any of these text files

The HDSP 9652 card is the only sound card in the PC. So it's been suggested that Windows is fighting for control of the card. But I disabled Windows audio funtions in the bios. I use the card with N3 for work and I use the card with the desk top to play CDs, DVDs, mp3 or anything else that requires sound from the computer. This is then fed out to my DA7 and monitors (Mackie HR-824's) for a much better sound quality than would otherwise be achieved. You can NOT do both. If Nuendo is open, you can't play stuff on the desk top. If you run stuff on the desk top you will not have access to sound when you open N3. THAT'S FINE WITH ME. I've been working that way for 3 years.

I had a 9652 card with my 1st system and I never had this problem. That card is slated to go into my Athlon PC to run GS3. So it's not like I'm not used to working with this card. I'm at a loss for why it's behaving like this. Having the card jump rates just because I accessed some word document is not only annoying as hell, it's flat out disruptive! I checked at the RME Site to see if they had a tech support section. But they don't, so I'm asking any of you using this card, what if you know what I need to do to get this card to STABILIZE.
2GB Corsair Memory
2 WD 74GB Raptor Drives
2 Seagate 200GB Drives
Windows XP Pro SP2
1 Midex 8
RME HDSP 9652
UAD-1 Ultra Pak
Apogee Big Ben
GS3 on AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (2.0Ghz

Rob Darling

Re: Help: RME HDSP 9652 Card is changing S. R. all on it's own.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 02:27:16 PM »

Disabling sound in the BIOS is not the same as disabling system sounds completely.  

Go to this site: http://www.musicxp.net/tuning_tips.php

go to steps nine and ten.

this should do it for you, the rme will now be fully in control of its own destiny.

r.

pipelineaudio

Re: Help: RME HDSP 9652 Card is changing S. R. all on it's own.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 02:29:52 PM »

Hi Keyplayer, I own a ton of RME gear

I run it usually with vegas which doesnt get along too well with it.

I have the same SR change problem, and also a "SHHHHHHHHHHICCCCKKKK" noise sometimes when it changes.

First of all, if you havent done so already, go to control panel/sounds/system sounds and get rid of all system sounds

Second, if there is another sound card in the PC, like an onboard one or something, assign that as the sound card for windows to use.

While recording, I run the cards to "autosync" and have them and the converters all chasing a lucid genx 6

While Mixing I put the card back in master usually

Dont expect help from that arrogant, smug, joke of a frontman Matthias
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 21 queries.