R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Some Help Setting Up 4496 units  (Read 2873 times)

Weird Geoff

Need Some Help Setting Up 4496 units
« on: February 06, 2005, 11:49:50 AM »

Hello again Dan (or anyone else out there)

I will be setting up 2 chassis of 4496, the 1st has 8ch AD and msync the second has 2ch DA only, in the next week or so. I will be using the lynxAES16 as an interface to my G4..Do the units need to be connected in anyway?..I am under the impression that DA conversion needs to be clocked as well. I'm probably wrong since Dan had noted I dont need an Msync card for his DA in my other thread. Could anyone help me set these up properly (or point me to a thread or link). I'm not sure what needs to be terminated and if there is any special communication that the two chassis need to have going on. I think I'm ok with the level calibration.  

-Geoff

danlavry

Re: Need Some Help Setting Up 4496 units
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 12:36:11 PM »

Weird Geoff wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 16:49

Hello again Dan (or anyone else out there)

I will be setting up 2 chassis of 4496, the 1st has 8ch AD and msync the second has 2ch DA only, in the next week or so. I will be using the lynxAES16 as an interface to my G4..Do the units need to be connected in anyway?..I am under the impression that DA conversion needs to be clocked as well. I'm probably wrong since Dan had noted I dont need an Msync card for his DA in my other thread. Could anyone help me set these up properly (or point me to a thread or link). I'm not sure what needs to be terminated and if there is any special communication that the two chassis need to have going on. I think I'm ok with the level calibration.  

-Geoff

The DA does not need to be clocked. Just be sure to avoid the "wide lock" setting, which is only there for "non audio" sampling frequencies and is hardly ever in use. Set it at Crystal Lock position.

Regarding the AD, the best position is to set the Msync to internal clock, but if you must, you can choose WC or AES and set the frequency to whatever you want. Again, avoid wide (unless using non audio sample frequencies) and use narrow lock. If you choose AES sync source, it is better to feed AES signal with no audio (AES black). Word clock is always a good choice.

While on the subject, there is a switch on the back panel marked as X2. That is a special mode where you can feed the unit to say 44.1 or 48KHz sync and set the front panel to 88.2 or 96KHz lock. That is for people that want to work at double speed and external lock but have only single speed clock source.

Regards
Dan Lavry    

Weird Geoff

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 03:44:56 PM »

thanks again Dan. Also does the WC out put jack need to be terminated if using internal clock?

Weird Geoff

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 08:35:28 PM »

I just read your writings on termination. sorry my time on this forum has been a bit spuratic so I'm not too familiar with whats been posted already.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 17 queries.