R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: motu 828mkII drivers keep uninstalling  (Read 4444 times)

conil

motu 828mkII drivers keep uninstalling
« on: February 01, 2005, 11:29:25 AM »

hi guys,

would be great if anyone could help me..

i'm running xp with motu firewire
the pc keeps crashing and on restart it says no motu device detected

i uninstall and reinstall the drivers, sometimes it works

i add new hardware in the windows wizard, it always crashes and sometimes works

when the drivers are found cubase works but the message: ‘The application or DLL C: Windows\System32\kuser.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette’ needs a good ten ‘OK’ clicks to start up

this kuser.dll comes up when reinstalling the motu drivers...

also ‘windows media player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly’

what do you reckon?

oh, and i have broadband with a good firewall and anti virus and have checked for spyware, trojans and all that

thanks guys, your help is most appreciated

conil from london

Brendan Thompson

Re: motu 828mkII drivers keep uninstalling
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 04:37:12 AM »

Windows 2000/XP seems to be really picky with removable devices. Are you always powering up with the Motu plugged into the PC and switched on? I've found it likes to crap it's pants when it can't find a device on startup...
http://home.no.net/nightguy/images/teambunny2.gif

I'm currently out of my mind, please leave a message after the scream...

conil

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 05:41:07 AM »

i don't always power up with motu

now its totally gone though

keeps crashing when i start cubase, motu not recognised in the device manager

Timmahh

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 12:30:14 AM »

if i were you i would try a differnt pci slot first. the motu or any Good audio interface should be in slot that gives it its own irq. if sharing the irq, then it would result in poor operation.  in other words do not install it in either the top or bottom pci slots.  use one of the middle slots.
that being said, a bit more info about your rig could yeild helpfull information
for instance. i have a Gigabyte mobo, with an xp3400 chip, one gig of Kingston hyperx ram 400 mhz, a wd raptor 36g, 10,000 rpm hard dirve for os and programs, and a wd 72g 7200 rpm for audio storage, a simple agp 4x 128 dual monitor video card, and the motu 324 pci card, connected to a motu 24i.  all wrapped up in a 4 rack space aluminum case with an antec 450 psu.
  im useing xp pro with the new xp driver from motu s site.  To date I have had good luck, no problems fireing up with or without the 24i connected or not. If i were you i was verify the card works properly, by installing into a different puter to see if it is reconized, be aware you ll need to install the drivers to see it correctly in the device manager..if you know the integrity of the pci card is ok, have you downloaded the xp drivers from Motu's site?  these are only a few possiblilites.
be aware that some motherboards just dont play nicely with higher end audio pcs. give a lil more info about your rig and you may get a better idea of possible problems,

hope this helps
I had to do it cuz I'm Just like that!!!!!
Timmahh!!!

Brendan Thompson

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 12:56:17 AM »

Timmahh wrote on Sat, 05 February 2005 16:30

if i were you i would try a differnt pci slot first. the motu or any Good audio interface should be in slot that gives it its own irq.

Do you mean the Firewire card, seeing as the 828 is a Firewire device?
http://home.no.net/nightguy/images/teambunny2.gif

I'm currently out of my mind, please leave a message after the scream...

conil

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 08:26:35 AM »

thanks guys

i think the problem i have is that there is a built-in soundcard on the motherboard - sometimes i have been starting up without turning the motu on and the built-in card is automatically reinstalled

am not doin that anymore!

is working ok so far.... have done a reg clean, reinstalled the drivers from motu.com

the pc has crashed once after a high pitched noise, but otherwise ok

thanks for your help

conil from london
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 16 queries.