R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oahu/Jester Ju28  (Read 5947 times)

JohnLisiecki

Oahu/Jester Ju28
« on: January 04, 2005, 11:04:30 AM »

I have a Jester ju28 that I purchased in the summer of 2003, and it's been a brilliant recording amp. I don't see many of these around, first one in a long time (Eric Ambel had an Oahu head out with Steve Earle a while back, sounded amazing, last time I saw one), and was wondering if you're still making these things on a regular basis?  The dealer said you're only making a few, but I thought I'd ask you about it.

I really like the 2-channel/4-input configuration for getting different sounds out of the amp.  Anything you care to share about the amp?

Thanks

John Lisiecki

Oliver Archut

Re: Oahu/Jester Ju28
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 04:41:12 PM »

Hello John,

here is a general answer, as I pointed out I do not want to use this forum to pimp stuff..

The JU series of amp was made from 1996 to 2000, about 300 or so, it failed to a point to multiply a very easy amp concept, adopted from the original Oahu lap steel amp made in the 50s in Chicago by the Valco company.

There were several problems with manufacturing (finding capable people for assembly) and distribution, finally when my business partner during that time had to pull out of the company because of personal reasons, we closed it down.
During the same time the V72 took off and I went on an started a new company by myself...

I still do all service and warranty on the Jester ones, each year we build 10 units or so, now under the AMI logo...
For more details you want to shoot Fletcher an e-mail, or PM me...

Hope that helps

Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

We are so advanced, that we can develop technology that can determine how much damage the earth has taken from the development of that technology.

JohnLisiecki

Re: Oahu/Jester Ju28
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 01:50:35 PM »

Oliver Archut wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 21:41

Hello John,

here is a general answer, as I pointed out I do not want to use this forum to pimp stuff..

I still do all service and warranty on the Jester ones, each year we build 10 units or so, now under the AMI logo...
For more details you want to shoot Fletcher an e-mail, or PM me...

Hope that helps

That's really all of the information I needed/wanted - just bought this amp with little knowledge of it's history, and thought it was wonderful.  It's new, so it must be one of the "10 per year", but I'm not at home to verify it for sure.

Again, thank you.

John Lisiecki
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.