R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: setting up a Mackie 1604 Vlz Pro?  (Read 4601 times)

leftcoastproductions

setting up a Mackie 1604 Vlz Pro?
« on: December 09, 2004, 02:00:32 AM »

hello all!

I'm new to the forum and just got rid of my 1202 mixer for a 1604 Vlz Pro....If someone could help me I'd appreciate it I have some questions....how do I monitor the tape input levels? what's the easiest way to run my synths(Cool in stereo? I am running a Delta 1010 as well and have two compressors,analog filter,and an Ensoniq effects rack all of which I would like to run on separate busses but don't want to climb behind the mackie to repatch everytime....what would be the easiest way of routing things? patchbay? run all the effects into it then patch into the mackie/delta? seems like there might be a workaround I dunno this thing is massive compared to my 1202 and the manual isn't very comprehensive....

thanks
Brock

Brian Roth

Re: setting up a Mackie 1604 Vlz Pro?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 02:48:17 AM »

I didn't quite follow all of your questions, but if you're having to jack stuff in and out of the rear of the mixer ion a regular basis, a patchbay is *indeed* standard operating practice.

Avoid the cheapo stuff with plastic jacks.  I suggest "long frame" parts, with bantams as a distant second.

Bri

Brian Roth Technical Services
Oklahoma City, OK
www.BrianRoth.com

leftcoastproductions

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 06:24:27 PM »

I have a 1604 4 bus mixer and an 8 input/output Delta 1010 and want to use 4 stereo effects both in the sub mix stage and in the box(Delta) is there a way of doing this without having to patch everytime? can I use sends/returns from the mackie to the Delta?  =
furthermore what is the easiest way to run stereo inputs on the 1604? track 1 hard left and track 2 hard right?

Bill B

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 08:37:21 PM »

Use the Delta's software control panel for your routing changes.
And Mackie makes an adapter for the 1604 that allows the rear panel to rotate to the front. Makes it a little easier.
The patchbay is a good idea.
BB

Ethan Winer

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 12:46:13 PM »

Brock,

> how do I monitor the tape input levels? what's the easiest way to run my synths(Cool in stereo? <

Not sure if this is exactly what you need, but I wrote an article last year for EQ magazine describing what I feel is the best way to connect a mixer to a DAW setup. It's first in the list on my Articles page:

http://www.ethanwiner.com/articles.html

--Ethan

leftcoastproductions

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 08:36:41 PM »

thanks Ethan good article.....

I think I am going to go the patchbay route....it seems that would be the easiest way to really utilize all of my equipment and not spend a fortune...now its a matter of figuring out what I use most

thanks for the help
Brock
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.