R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adding idiot lights (overload LEDs) to a location mixer  (Read 2050 times)

hollywood_steve

adding idiot lights (overload LEDs) to a location mixer
« on: November 28, 2004, 01:42:51 PM »

The new mixer setup is on its way (API 7800 & 8200) and I will be mounting the two units in a 4 space rack along with a pair of Dorrough 40A2 meters. The 7800 has a pre-wired connection for meters on the stereo bus, but neither the 7800 or 8200 have any provisions for metering the 8 input channels.

I will be using this rig on location as well as back at the studio. While on location, there are times when you ears can tell that something is not right, but you don't have time to check each channel, one by one. In this situation, even something as basic as a single overload LED on each channel could be a big help. My initial idea is to assemble a little box with 8ea LEDs, one for each input channel. The question would be where/how to tap into the 8200 for the feed to each LED.

I'm sure that somebody even offers a multi-channel LED box, but that doesn't help with the connection issue. Normally, I would just consider taking the signal at the output, but the 8200 sends the 8ch signals to the 7800 via a ribbon "expansion cable" which I really don't want to mess with. There's got to be another place to tie into the 8200, so my next step is to ask API for suggestions. Any chance that anyone out there has done this or something similar?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 20 queries.